Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A little too close for comfort

So even at almost 7 years old, Hannah still enjoys getting a smiley-face sticker from the Walmart door greeters, and since we seem to be there every day, we are collecting quite a few of them. As today was an early release day I thought I would save my trip to "The Mart", as I like to call it until school was out at 1:20. So we're walking in and of course the friendly old man who is serving as greeter asks my kids if they want a sticker, and of course they all comply. After doling out smiley fun to all the kids he then turns to me, doesn't say a word, but proceeds to stick a yellow happy guy to my chest, HELLO!!! Is that a little weird, or am I just a huge prude? It totally caught me off guard, and I stepped back a bit, wondering what to do next, only to have him look at me like I'm the weird one for not wanting some grimy old man feeling me up. Okay, so maybe I'm overreacting a touch, but still, way inappropriate in this prude's book.

5 Thoughts:

PRP said...

That is hilarious and it would only happen to you!

Shells said...

Can all of this funny stuff really be happening to you? Are you sure you are not taking a chapter out of the book of Josh and "joshing" us. Oh, I kill myself.

shells

emahaf said...

leave it to the walmart guys to make a move. and I agree only the crazy waltmart stories happen to you. My walmart vistits are nice and quiet.

Heather said...

Lindsay!!! That had me "Belly Laughing" gotta love WAL*MART

The New Harkers said...

yeah i just hate it when the old guys at walmert touch my chest