Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Speedos and bikinis....Is it safe?

Ok, so I've had a few requests to share the speedo and bikini story, so here goes.

A few years ago Spencer and I decided to take Hannah and Josh, then 3 and 1 1/2, to the kiddie pool. And for good measure we invited my parents along as it had been a while since they had seen the kids. So we're splashing around, having a grand ol' time when lo and behold my parents show up to the park in their swimwear. Ie...Dad in his trademark Speedo with knee-high white socks accompanied with flip-flops(how anyone can wear socks and flips is beyond me, actually the whole get-up is beyond me!) and Mom struts across the park in her bikini that we'll say is just maybe a couple of cup sizes too small.

Spencer had worked the night before and was tired but hadn't really said anything about his exhaustion until the moment he saw my parents coming! Suddenly he was hit with such an intense wave of sleepiness that the only thing he could do was run as fast as his legs would possibly carry him to our blanket and shove a towel over his face! Curious.

Anyway, there's nothing quite like watching the confused expression on your 3 year old's face as her Grandmother's cleavage is in looking her right in the eye!! Ahh, the classic moments with our parents. I'm sure there will be plenty of things that I do that will embarrass my children, but until then I'll just keep this one fresh in my mind.

8 Thoughts:

Shells said...

Tears, tears on the side of my face, streaming, breathless, laughing . . . . .

Brooklet said...

LOL! I am in a state of perma-giggle!

meohmyers said...

That is hilarious! I will have sore cheeks the rest of the day from laughing so hard!

tharker said...

3 comments in under 20 minutes...I am feelin the love girls!!

Monica said...

If that would have happened to me (can you even imagine? ewww, stop), I would have given them each new, modest, grandparent appropriate swimming attire for Christmas that year. And maybe some anklets and non-flip-flop sandals for pops.

tharker said...

Olga in a bikini, now that's enough to sear my brain!

emahaf said...

I just love that story, it always makes my day.

Heather said...

I'm so glad you shared!! I love that story too, I never get sick of hearing it. All the UT family got a kick out of it too.