As every Sunday morning in the Harker house goes, again it was slightly crazy this time around. Our ward recently changed it's time to 8:30am . It's usually not a big deal, for me it's just like any other morning when the kids have to be out the door by the same time. But it seems like almost every Sunday there's a hitch of some sort. Someone can't find their shoes, someone else's dress is tucked into her tights, and another someone is screaming at the top of his lungs because he wants to skip Sacrament meeting entirely and head straight for the goldfish crackers and toys in the Nursery. (No I don't mean Spencer.) You know the drill, you've all been there right?
So here's a play-by-play of today's developments. To start the day off right, Spencer awoke at 7:14 and remembered that he had Elder's Quoram interviews at 7:30, so off he goes(forgetting to brush his teeth in the process. I feel bad for the poor saps he was interviewing) leaving me to get kids ready. Okay, I can handle this...no big deal. I get them breakfast, no one's fighting, we're even listening to good music. Everything's going great right? I spoke too soon.
There's an old Chinese riddle that reads, "What do you get when you combine high heels and stairs?"
I figured out the answer. A mom flat on her face at the bottom.
My heel got caught on one of the steps and down I tumbled, head first. Try it sometime, it's grand. So as I'm sitting there, kind of shaken and just trying to get a grip, Josh runs over and hugs me, telling me how sorry he is that I fell down the stairs. What a sweetheart right? Then his dear sweet big sister chimes in, "Well, that's what you get for wearing high heeled boots on the stairs Mom". THANK YOU!!!
Let's just say I won't be trying out for the ballet any time soon.
Then to top everything off, just as we're about to head out the door Josh is walking around the living room backwards, like we all should do, and trips over Jake of course knocking him over. Poor kid. It was a Sunday morning to remember. So what did I do as soon as we got home you ask? Fed my kids oatmeal for lunch and took a fat nap!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Ahh, Sunday mornings...
Posted by tharker at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Thoughts:
Thats what Sunday mornings are suppose to go like- so that you can get in the right spirit for church!!
Hannah is right about the high heels- you really should be more careful. Thats why I wear 'grandma' shoes, as you so put it, so that I won't kill myself with high heels. But I am very glad that you are alright and will live for many more hectic Sunday mornings.
Beauty before safety Brooke, everyone knows that! Or is it the other way around?...
I love the ever-considerate Hannah. I wonder where she learned all that compassion?? :)
Certainly not from me! We all know what a model mother I am. Don't we??
A nap sounds just perfect after the morning you had. I hope the rest of the day went a little better. Did the rolls turn out great as usual
So good to hear other people have days like that!
It's days like this where you appreciate the days where you don't fall down the stairs. I hope your days was better after you went to church.
Post a Comment