Friday, January 12, 2007

Well this is fun

Okay. So I'm sitting here trying to use every ounce of will power inside of me to not go nuts. Jake is sitting on his bed screaming, and I mean screaming his head off. We went to the mall this morning to pick up a gift for a friend and on the way out he wanted to push the "blue button" a.k.a. the handicapped door opener, but couldn't reach it from his stroller. So being the big, bad, mean mommy, I just opened the door and went on our way. Well apparently that did not fly with him. Okay, sure I could have gotten him out of his stroller just to push the crazy button, but what's the point? He has been screaming for oh, about 25 minutes now. He screamed the entire way home and has been on his bed for the last 10 minutes. Even though the drive from the mall to my house is only like 10 minutes, it feels like an eternity when you have a child screamin like a demon in the backseat!

In the words of Stacia, "Don't forget to breathe".

I just have to keep telling myself that.

I love these moments.

15 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Isn't motherhood grand?! We've all been there, at least I know I have. My kids love beating each other to the punch to hit the "big blue button" too. I don't see the fascination...lol! Hang in there.

love ya, Em-

meohmyers said...

I think the big blue button should be removed. That thing has caused so many arguments in my family! And since there's only 2, one of my kids always gets shafted the opportunity to push the button! UGH! :)

Brooklet said...

well, at least you know he has a good memory!!

Anonymous said...

Glad I can help a bit with the mantra!

Alicia Leppert said...

Payson and Jake were probably screaming together. Payson had been such a good boy while we were walking that I let him play on those cars/rocket rides by Azteca, and I mean just sitting in them, not even riding, and when I drug him away from them he started screaming like a banshee. And continued the whole way home. Poor Kim.

meohmyers said...

I didn't want to be the one to post about Payson's screaming like a banshee moment but it's true.

Seriously, though, who hasn't experienced these moments as a mother?

Anonymous said...

It makes me feel better knowing that other people have the same problems as me. My kids always fight over who gets to push the elevator buttons. And I love Stacia's "Don't forget to breathe" mantra. It's amazing that a nice deep breath can keep you from going totally crazy.

Anonymous said...

Next time one of my kids has a melt down I will remember to breathe. I think that is great advice. One time Chloe was throwing a major fit at Wal-mart and when I asked the cashier to borrow her pen she asked me if I would like a paddle too. Can you believe that! Has soon as she said it she appolgized, but I felt like the worlds worst mother not being able to control her two year olds temper.

tharker said...

I can't believe she said that Kim! That's terrible. I'm always amazed at the looks that people give to moms when their kids are having a meltdown. I really just want to ask the "dirty look givers" why it is that they don't remember what it was like to have kids! Everyone's kids go a little nuts sometimes. People need to be more understanding and maybe just maybe if they were helpful instead of critical that would make all the difference!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm totally busting up about the paddle comment!! Classic.

Anonymous said...

Breathing is great.. it is important too. And it helps us to stay sane.

emahaf said...

I love it when total strangers stare at you and wonder how you happened to become a mother. Sometimes I wonder at that to. Don't you wish they would outgrow the screaming. I am still waiting for conner.

tharker said...

Thanks for your comment Lee. I just checked out your blog and love your pictures! Thanks for your comment, I hope you keep reading!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffani, I found your blog because Heather commented on mine. Not sure how she found it lol.
That is just my photo blog.. my other one is leesspottoblog.blogspot.com
We should get together sometime. We moved back, did you know that?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.. I found it in Dec.. just read it today and thought I should comment lol.