Why do I love the number 99? Let me share a few reasons why.
1.) When I was in Kindergarten, I loved to count. You know how it goes. You drive your Mom completely nutso counting non stop to an insane number like 3000. Just think of all of the times she patiently listened while you rattled off number after number, but secretly she wanted to staple her ears shut. What great mothers we had. Now that I'm a Mom I can completely understand the need to staple my ears at times.
1.) When I was in Kindergarten, I loved to count. You know how it goes. You drive your Mom completely nutso counting non stop to an insane number like 3000. Just think of all of the times she patiently listened while you rattled off number after number, but secretly she wanted to staple her ears shut. What great mothers we had. Now that I'm a Mom I can completely understand the need to staple my ears at times.
Anyway, the number 99...To this day I still love the anticipation of getting to 100. Can't you just hear the way a child says it? 97, 98, 99nnnnnnnnn.......It's just so great! Call me crazy, but I love 99.
I've just realized I sound like The Count on Sesame Street.
2.) I love any song with a reference to 99.
1999-by Prince. Or the Artist formerly known as Prince. Or P with the weird symbol. Or Prince. I think he's going by that name again now.
99 luftballoons- by Nena. I wanted this to be my theme song for this post but for some reason it's not cooperating. So sing along in your head. That's it...you're singing it now aren't you?
3.) Hannah, my first-born, graced the world with her presence in 1999. She was actually due the 10th of January, 2000, but decided to make her appearance almost 2 weeks early. Who was I to argue? Two weeks early sounded fine to me.
4.) And the final reason I love the number 99 so much today is....drumroll please......
This is my 99th post!
2.) I love any song with a reference to 99.
1999-by Prince. Or the Artist formerly known as Prince. Or P with the weird symbol. Or Prince. I think he's going by that name again now.
99 luftballoons- by Nena. I wanted this to be my theme song for this post but for some reason it's not cooperating. So sing along in your head. That's it...you're singing it now aren't you?
3.) Hannah, my first-born, graced the world with her presence in 1999. She was actually due the 10th of January, 2000, but decided to make her appearance almost 2 weeks early. Who was I to argue? Two weeks early sounded fine to me.
4.) And the final reason I love the number 99 so much today is....drumroll please......
This is my 99th post!



15 Thoughts:
Congrats on the 99th! I'm not even that far yet and I have been blogging for almost a year now! CRAZY! Shayla and I were talking about this just today, how she was born in '99 she kept saying but I thought it was 1999!
Conratulations!! I look forward to the next 99!
I'm so happy that you started a blog. I've enjoyed every post.
hehehe!! awesome!
Congrats on #99. Your blog has been soooo fun to read. I really enjoy your stories and your perspectives. Keep up the good work.
Wow! I'm excited to see what you do for tomarrow's post!
Congrats! I have been going crazy trying to find my post counter, and gee, surprise, surprise, I can't find it. I know Heather said on the sign in page, but it is no where in sight. Any help people?
Congrats! I have been going crazy trying to find my post counter, and gee, surprise, surprise, I can't find it. I know Heather said on the sign in page, but it is no where in sight. Any help people?
congrats on the 99th post. It will be fun to see where the next 99 go and what happens in your life.
That's so funny! I was just going to ask, "how do you know what number post you're on?" when I read Alicia's comment. I'm only on #56! That's crazy!
Alicia, if you go to your blog and click on new post at the top of your page it takes you to that screen that looks like you're writing a new post. Click on settings and it will show you all of your posts that you've ever written. The number at the top right corner is your total. Mine said something like 1-25 of 56. Find it? :)
Alicia - I mean click on "Edit" instead of "Settings". Now you'll find it!
Fun post... now I'll have 99 red balloons (or whatever it is) in my head all day!
Congratulations Tiffany, tomorrow has to be super great now, or we will all be let down. ;)
Woo Hoo! 99, you are a busy blogger. I don't want to even look at how many I have posted.
I'm with dandee...what are you going to do with 100? Definitely an arrival point. Congrats!
Post a Comment