Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It will be our little secret


You might very well be wondering why in the world I am choosing to blog about deodorant. Let me explain. I may be a small girl, but allow me to divulge a little secret. I am one sweaty pig! It sounds crazy, but it's true.


I have this memory of my 11th grade English class, and it's not a good one. I was sitting in the back of the classroom sportin' my polyester sleeveless cheer uniform in the middle of winter, when Mrs. Morris(who was crazy by the way) asked a question about the latest assigned reading and I knew the answer. But I absolutely could not bring myself to venture an answer because I could not "raise your hand if you're Sure." I was not Sure! Tell me how it is that a 100lb Junior in High School, little wisp of a nothing, could be so sweaty, literally leaving pit stains in her cheer uniform in the middle of WINTER! It was very embarrassing.


So I have a little sweating problem...okay. I've delt with it. It's usually okay except for the summer. Last summer in fact Lindsay justifiably made fun of me because the shirt that I was wearing apparently had hints of pit stains. I don't blame her, it's pretty gross. I know that I'm not alone in my sweat filled summer days. Last summer, another friend(name shall be with held for protective purposes) and I had many a conversation about sweating issues and stinkiness problems. I know, I know, you all want to flock to sit by me at the next enrichment activity! I do try my best to cover it up.


A few nights ago I saw a commercial for Secret Clinical Strength. At first I laughed thinking, man who is the sweaty hog that actually needs "prescription strength odor relief without a prescription". So do you actually have to go to the pharmacy counter to get this stuff?! It is "Doctor Endorsed" after all.
Then I realized they were talking to ME! So now it is my quest to try out this new fangled deodorant. Apparently you apply it at night and it lasts up to 24 hours, even through your morning shower. At $8-$10 a pop, it's a bit spendy for deodorant, but hey if it does the job, I am all over it.


You might wonder why I am so willing to share this embarrassing little secret about myself. I'm just trying to spare anyone who may come in contact with me this coming summer the agony of sweaty yuck. If anyone has tried this stuff already, let me know. I'm curious.
So go on, have your laugh at my expense. I truly don't mind. I'm laughing at me too!!!

18 Thoughts:

Brooklet said...

lol! Perscription strength deoderant- I would never have thought. But it sounds wierd, having to put it on at night and all. So good luck with that. For the record, I have thought you have always smelt lovely.

Jessica said...

I am laughing so hard right now!! I have a picture of you in my head as a cheerleader totally pittin' out, too funny! Very well told, keep us up to date if it works, maybe I'll get some for Lucas, LOL!

Alicia Leppert said...

Tiffani, this was SO funny. I laughed every time you said "sweaty pig" or "hog". I actually had this same problem after high school up until just a few years ago when for some reason it just stopped. I actually DID have prescription deo. and knew some other people that did too. It works! I think you will find the prescription strength deo will do wonders for the B.O.

P.S. Don't cheerleaders have to raise their arms non-stop whilst cheering? Did the whole crowd get a glimpse of your pit stains the entire game?

tharker said...

I don't necessarily have a B.O. problem as much as a wetness problem. Okay, I cannot believe I am writing this!!! Except for one time last year, apparently I did have a B.O. issue one day because Spencer told me I smelled like the back of a Mexican restaurant. I'm laughing soooo hard right now!

Yes Alicia, cheering was a bit tricky with wet pits : )

Heather said...

The back of a Mexican Restaurant?!?!?! That is insane... let me know how it goes. I'm a little unSURE on the wetness dept in the summer sometimes as well.

dandee said...

Due to hormonal reasons, I occasionaly had "wetness issues" as well. I bought an over the counter deodorant at Wal-Mart called Certain Dri about two years ago and it has changed my life. It sounds a lot like the deodorant you posted about. You put it on at night (just a couple of swipes or your skin will itch) and I haven't had a problem in years. I don't even have to use it everyday. I put it on about once a week and it really does the trick. I still use my normal deodorant in the morning, but the wetness problem that started after bearing Easton has stopped. Another plus is that it is dirt cheap and lasts FOREVER! I think it's between $4.00 and $5.00 and is completely worth it. It also works on men. A certain friend's husband uses it and works just as well for him. Give it a try.

tharker said...

Thanks for the tip Danyelle. I'll have to check this one out. I'm so glad that a certain friend's husband is also happy with his results!

Marilyn said...

Wow, I had no idea there was such a problem as this. I've never noticed any of you lovely women seeming wet, sweaty, or stinky. Thank goodness!

PRP said...

Real subtle, Tiffani...

But as a fellow stinkster, I'm thankful for the info.

Melissa said...

First of all, I'm laughing... very funny blog! You'll have to keep us posted on if this stuff actually works or not.

hatch said...

Tiffani,
You are so funny! However I have to say thank-you for the tip. I am totally cracking up about the back of a mexican resturant comment.

Naomi said...

o wow thats hilarious! I had a friend like that once. she was absolutely gorgeous, totally popular, ya know the works but by noon she has huge sweat circles like 1/2 down her sides. she didn't even have to raise her arms to notice them! but awesome blog! it has me cracking up

i i eee said...

Hey tharker! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog.

Me oh my, deodorant has been making the rounds.

I was just going to mention Certain Dri, but it looks like Dandee beat me to it. I actually only used Certain Dri for a little while -and then I stopped using it. Funny thing is, I still don't sweat in my pits as much as I used to, ever since Certain Dri. Anyway. Best of luck to you and your pits. ;)

tharker said...

Thanks for the link Meta. That was hilarious! I love that she is actually applying her deodorant with her fingers like an animal. Seriously funny!

By the way, welcome Meta!

emahaf said...

I think this blog is so funny, You will have to tell me how it works. Good luck.

Shells said...

I fully expect a follow up blog, wherein you tell all about the results. And remember, you're not alone. hehehe

Elizabeth said...

Hey...I can relate!!! I used to have the world's worst (or so I thought) sweating problem. Oh the embarrassing joys!! (I could tell you a few HILARIOUS embarrassing stories involving tissue paper in the armpits to absorb the sweat. I am only so open about sharing this with you because I used to have this same problem.) I can relate to the pit stains, sweating in winter, sweaty shirts within a half hour of putting them on CLEAN (should I have revealed that?). When I was about 19 (or somewhere around there) I went to the doctor about it, and he prescribed what we, around our house, now refer to as "the miracle." It truly is. But you can only get it via prescription. Let me tell you the little secret, in case this Secret that you're going to try doesn't work (because THIS does): Aluminum Chloride (Hexahydrate) 20%. I'm telling you...wow! What a difference!

--Sympathetic (Empathetic, even) listener

tharker said...

Elizabeth you are one funny mama! Thanks for the advice. It's strange, some days I'm fine, not a wet pit in sight, but then there are other days when like your experience, I'm pittin' out within 15 minutes of showering and doning clean clothing. I don't get it. Maybe I have hormonal issues!