Sunday, March 04, 2007

So true

Anonymous left this on Alicia's blog, and I loved it so much I had to share it with anyone else who may not have seen it yet. It rings so true to me. Women do so much for so many other people, yet we tend to forget who we are and our importance. I'm thankful for knowing who I am. I am a daughter of God. I want my daughter to know that she is a daughter of God. Women are truly special.


The One Flaw In Women

Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,but they hold happiness, love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideas.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.

I hope that I can teach my daughter to love herself for who she is, and also for who her Father in Heaven knows that she can become. In the long run, isn't that what really matters?

5 Thoughts:

Jessica said...

Tiffani, Thanks for posting this! I liked it a lot! I too hope that if I can teach my daughters anything it is to love who they are. It breaks my heart when Shayla comes home from school and someone has made fun of her and it completly ruins her day! Of course when we struggle with our own self~worth (when I say we I mean me!) How do you in turn teach it?

emahaf said...

I really liked this posting. I agree, it seems like we as women are always forgetting our self worth. In todays world I think it is really easy to do. Thanks for the email.

dandee said...

Something wise to remember in this crazy world.

tharker said...

Jessica, I heard this on Oprah once.(Of course)

"A Mother who radiates self love and self acceptance actually VACCINATES her daughter against low self esteem" -Naomi Wolf-

It hit home loud and clear. The way in which I see myself and project that vision of myself directly effects the way that Hannah will see herself.

I put that quote on my bulletin board in my kitchen and I look at it at least once everyday.

Jessica said...

I like that quote, I think I will have to put it up somewhere as well!