Sunday, April 08, 2007

Add another candle on the cake for the PRP!




I just wanted to take a moment to give a birthday shout out to Karen!!!


On this day we celebrate 26???? years of Karen's joyful presence on the earth!!


Here are a few of my favorite things about Karen:

I love that Karen has a plethura of nicknames ie...KJo, KJ, K--aren, PRP, Karen J, there are a lot...

I love to hear Karen tell a story. No one does it quite the same. She uses such fun and colorful words and phrases. Here are a few of my favs.

Farg (Courtesy of Brad and his brother Matt, whom I'm told share the same brain)

Tookus

Badonkadonk

Shart

"All the live long day"

"I wanted to staple my head to the floor"

"What the freak!"

"My husband is a Rock Star"--She said this while teaching a Relief Society lesson, and we were all very impressed!

I'm sure you get the picture. Karen is one funny chica! But that's not all there is to KJo. Karen has many, many qualities that I admire about her and believe it or not have even tried to emulate. These are just a handful of my personal favorites of Karen's many great attributes.

Karen is a fabulous wife.-We all know Brad is aware of what a lucky man he is!

She is a fantastic mother. Karen is so loving and kind with not only her children but all children. (Okay, maybe a couple of specific children drive her a bit nutty) I always know that I could leave my kids with her at a minute's notice and they would not only be well taken care of, but they would be loved as if they were her own.

Karen is a great friend! One of the things that I admire most about KJ is that she has the ability to make everyone feel like they are indeed her best friend. She is so genuine and accepting of others. She is a great listener and also has very sound advice. She'll tell it like it is, I love that about her!

I'm sure that most of you know this already, but I'll say it anyway. Karen can cook her socks off! She is a fab cook. Not only does she make delish meals for our dining pleasure, but they are healthy to boot!

Karen is very close to her Mom. I have always been impressed with the relationship that Karen and her Mom share. I believe they talk almost everyday. Karen's Mom is a great woman and she raised Karen to be the kind, compassionate, caring, smart, and very fun woman that she is today!

One last thing that I adore about Karen is her giggle. She is so much fun to laugh with. Whether it's just a little chuckle or a laugh out loud, sidesplitting, good time, she's a blast to be around.

I have known Karen for almost 5 years now. She is so much fun, and is such a good friend and example to me. Thanks for your friendship KJo!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

10 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

I second all the wonderful things about Karen. Happy Birthday! Love ya lots!

dandee said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! Hope you had a fabulous day!

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Karen. I have not met you yet, but you will soon be moving into my ward.

Brooklet said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have fun and exciting plans for today!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday again!

Marilyn said...

Well, I just wished you happy birthday on your site, but you deserve another one!

Happy Birthday Karen!

PRP said...

Thanks guys! And thanks for such a glowing review Tiffani. I'm not sure it's all true, but I certainly appreciate it!!

meohmyers said...

Wow! What a great post! We all love you Karen! You really are an awesome person and hope you had a great birthday weekend!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful friend :) Aren't girlfriends the best? And a very Happy Birthday Karen :)

Alexander said...

You love reading an interesting book? I can highly recommend mine! I am an author of 2 e-books and I recon you would really love reading my second e-book "An Ordinary Black Cat" from www.catyourway.com You can check as the 1st chapter is available free of charge. Please, let me know if you read it. I would be most curious to hear from you. I am relaxed about critical comments. I am not like a typical writer who would get annoyed. Feel free to say honestly what you think.