Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Un-Birthday loves


Josh just sauntered into the computer room and gave me some morning loves. While kissing his forehead (because it is my very favorite part of this sweet boy to kiss) I commented that he looks extra big today.

To this he replied, "Because it's my birthday!"

Um...actually his birthday is not until August.

I'm glad that he is excited about the day though. Don't you love a child's positive and happy view of life?

I love my little Josh-man.

He always keeps us laughing.

When Josh was 3 years old, I thought I would have to sell him to the zoo. He drove me that crazy! When he wasn't busy doing "his favorite poops" on my couch, he entertained himself making one disaster after another. There were days that I felt like I could not handle that child one more second.

Then he turned 4! It was a glorious age. My sweet little boy was back. I enjoyed long chats with Josh. The tornado that was Josh, had calmed to a mild wind. He had long given up the fun game of pooping in his pants. He was just an all around sweet boy.

I have also enjoyed 5. It's been so fun to watch him learn and grow this year. He lives with a lightsaber in his belt at almost all times. He thinks he's the funniest boy ever to live, and somedays I agree with him. He has such a strong love for his family. Josh wants to make everyone happy and loves to be in the middle of it all. He loves his big sister and it makes me sad to see the hurt in his eyes when she is a little tired of him and just wants to play by herself. I love to tickle him. He has the best giggle! He adores his daddy, and wants to be just like him. He will go to Kindergarten this year and while I'm excited for him, I think my mornings might be a little boring at times. He brings such light and laughter to our home and I'm thankful for him.

So on this special day, I say Happy Un-Birthday Josh!

I love you very much!


15 Thoughts:

Monica said...

Happy Un-birthday Josh. Make sure you tell your mom that you want to come to Utah for your real birthday.

Marilyn said...

Cute post Tiffani. Just curious what day in August, because I've got two kids with August birthdays.

Shells said...

My favorite Josh line: "Hey, Tom ate my grape."

hatch said...

Josh is so funny! Happy Un-birthday Josh! I can remember when you and I used to stand in relief society and do the mom jiggle when Dylan and Josh were just tiny babies. Wow time flies!

tharker said...

Marilyn, Josh's birthday is the 23rd. When are your kids' birthdays?

Kim, that seems like forever ago!

Heather said...

Josh- gotta love his favorite poops.

I may be calling your for some help. Kaden seems to be picking up all those great traits Josh gave up.

tharker said...

Yes Heather, please do! Jake is right in the throes of 3 year old-itis. I've figured out that 3 and I don't really get along very well. Although you would think that since this is my 3rd child to be a 3 year old that I would have it figured out by now. Guess not...

Monica, I think Josh would love to spend his real birthday at your new house. Maybe I will spend mine there too since it's only 5 days before Josh's!

i i eee said...

What a cutie. Happy unbirthday indeed.

Brooklet said...

What a great tribute to Josh! He keeps me laughing. Give him 6 happy un-birthday spankin's for me! Clare absolutely adores Josh. When we were there visiting the last two times, she followed him around and when he wasn't around, she kept asking, where's Josh! We love him!!

::lindsay said...

Our family loves Josh as well. He's just the cutest!

Naomi said...

aww he sounds like quite the character! i can't wait til i have lil kiddlywinks of my own :)

Marilyn said...

Tiffani, Madeline's is the 9th, Jocelyn's is the 14th. They are 1 year and 5 days apart. Crazy!

Melissa said...

Great post - Happy Un-birthday Josh :)

Alicia Leppert said...

Happy Un-Birthday, Josh. This was too cute.

Elizabeth said...

Awh. I loved this. I couldn't help but wonder what 2 and 3 are going to be like for me with two. Your son is so cute.