I want to take a moment to wish our very own Lindsay a very happy 29th birthday! As she frequently reminds me, she is still in her 20's and will ALWAYS be one glorious year younger than me.
Lindsay and I go way back...ya know like 4 years. It's a long time ya know. We met when I was pregnant with Jake, but didn't start really getting to know each other until the following summer when we decided to enroll our kids in swimming lessons together. From there it's ancient history. During the summer, we spent pretty much every day together going to swimming lessons, working out together, or just hanging out while the kids played. Excessive much? I think not. I have loved every minute that I've spent with Linds.
First of all, she's my Yang. We love Grey's Anatomy and it dawned on us (stupidly) that we are each other's Grey and Yang. We thought it was SO funny at the time, although now it's just another thing that we can add to our silly chart. Lindsay is seriously the world's best listener. You can feel confidant that she is truly interested and really cares about what you have to say and will give genuine advice when asked for. I love this about her.
Lindsay is very witty and funny. She can come up with one liners like no body's business! Here are a few of my personal favs:
"That guy is just a One Trick Pony"
- I don't know why this struck us as so funny, but one night a few of us were sitting around discussing "SYTYCD" and she pulled this one of the hat. We laughed so hard, maybe it's just because it sounds so funny coming from L.B.
"Too funny"
Lindsay says this ALL the time, even when something's really not that funny! I just like that she tries to make me me feel like I'm funny even when I'm totally not!
"Do I need to take back the "B.F.F" necklace"?
Lindsay and I always joke that we have B.F.F necklaces, and sometimes she even threatens to take hers back!
"Thanks for throwin' me under the bus"
"It's my BIRTHDAY I can call back if I want to!"
"That's lookin a little shady"
She's got a million of 'em!
I love you to pieces Linds!!! Have a wonderful day!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
She'll always be 29 to me!
Posted by tharker at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Thoughts:
Happy Birthday to Lindsay!
What a nice post! You all laugh at my one-liners, but you just wait, they'll all be the rage before you know it. "One trick pony"---I'm bringin' it back...
I love your one-liners. They are so Linsayesque!
Happy Birthday Lindsay!!! Enjoy your last year in your 20's.
Wahoo! happy b-day! What I like about lindsay is how she makes you feel like you are old friends when you first meet her!
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
Happy birthday Lindsay. I believe we met one day at Tiff's when all of the Harker girls were in town. If I'm thinking of the right person, you have a son who knew all of the President of the United States at age 4. I was incredibly impressed. If that wasn't you, well, why don't you teach your son about all of the presidents so that I can be impressed?
Post a Comment