Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 24 rolls
1 ¾ cups warm water
1 Tbsp instant yeast
½ Tbsp sugar
¼ cup powdered milk
2 eggs
½ Tbsp salt
¼ cup sugar
½ cup oil
6 cups all purpose flour
Dissolve yeast and ½ Tbsp sugar in warm water. When it bubbles up, add powdered milk, eggs, salt, sugar, and oil. Then add flour 1 cup at a time and mix well until dough is cleaned from the sides of the bowl, and is soft and pliable like elastic. Put a small amount of oil into a large bowl and roll the dough around, until it is lightly coated. Cover and let rise until double. (1 ½-2 hours) Punch down dough, and divide into two equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a large rectangle ½ inch thick. Spread filling onto each rectangle and roll up tight lengthwise.
Filling
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup cinnamon
Melt butter and add sugars & cinnamon and mix well.
Cut rolls into 2 inch sections and place in 2 greased 9x13 pans. {Dental floss is an EXCELLENT tool for cutting the rolls} Let rise for 45 minutes, until doubled in size. Bake for 25-30 minutes @ 350 degrees. Frost while still warm, and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp milk
Cream together cream cheese and butter. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth and creamy.
Caramel Pecan Version
Spray 2 9x13 pans with cooking spray, and fill pans with the following caramel sauce
2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
Melt together, stirring constantly until smooth.
Place rolls on top of caramel sauce in pans, and bake as directed above. When rolls are finished, place a large sheet pan on top of rolls and turn upside down while holding 9x13 pan. Allow the sauce to drip over rolls before removing pan. Enjoy!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Try it, you'll like it!
Posted by tharker at 10:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Thoughts:
Tiffani, this looks like a TON of work. Just reading the directions makes me tired. I can't believe you made 5 batches this weekend! The recipe sounds delicious though. So one day when I am feeling ambitious, I will try to attempt to make them! Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
MMMMM! Thanks for the recipe. Yes, it does look like a lot of work! No wonder you were so tired!! Can't wait to try them!
Yummy!!
These look really yummy, I love the sound of the caramel pecan version as well. Do you always make the dough by hand or do you have a bread maching version as well? That's probably why yours taste so good.
Sarah, sometimes I use my bread machine for the dough, and then I roll them out, and sometimes I use my Bosch. I like the bread machine if I don't have a lot of time. It mixes, kneads, and raises the dough in 1 1/2 hours. Then all you have to do is roll them out and let them raise again. You can also use a KitchenAid, if you have one of the bigger ones. I wouldn't recommend using the smaller one, unless you cut this recipe in half.
Sorry, I didn't really answer your question about the bread machine. You just do it the same way. Definitely let the yeast grow in the warm water and sugar first, then just add the rest of your ingredients, and let the bread machine do all of the work on the dough setting.
Sounds great! I think with all these blogs on baking you are trying to make us fat! Yum!
Post a Comment