Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas with MoTab


I cannot even come close to having the music finding talents that Marilyn displays, but thankfully Spencer has introduced me to this wonderful DVD, and CD. While at his favorite place {i.e. the Church bookstore} a couple of weeks ago, he came home with this DVD. We {even the children} loved it so much, that Spencer bought the soundtrack.




Let me tell you, if you don't have this album for your Christmas collection, you must add it in! Sissel performed with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir {last year I believe}, and her voice is a must hear! She is Norwegian, and has the most entrancing voice. She is that beautifully haunting voice in the background vocals of the Titanic Soundtrack. I had no idea!
I'm sorry that I don't have a sample for you. I tried to find some good music codes or videos, but couldn't find one. Check her out though!

19 Thoughts:

Lee said...

I must confess, I don't have a single MoTab CD, I want one just have never bought one. I am very intiruged.

Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I'll have to go to itunes today and listen to a few samples and download. Thanks for sharing, I loved that woman's voice from the Titanic soundtrack.

Kris said...

That is so crazy. I just went to the church bookstore yesterday. I almost bought that CD. I have the Sing Choirs of Angels from a couple of years ago, and I LOVE IT! I ended up getting the Hilary Weeks Christmas CD! I'm sure this new one is fantastic! Thanks for the good recommendations! I love the MOTAB Music! They are great!

Melissa said...

I am like Lee... we don't own any MoTab. :S I was in Idaho at Deseret Book and saw it there... should have picked it up! Maybe I'll order it online :)

My Three Sons said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I keep seeing your comments on several of my friends blogs! What a darling little family you have...(I saw your family photos on Lee's) Anyway...thanks for the recommendation on the Christmas MoTab cd. There are not many things I love more than music and especially Christmas music...I'll have to check that one out! Take care...

Heather said...

Spencer's favorite store is the Church Bookstore??? Are you sure you aren't confused with Sportsman's or something??

Marilyn said...

Tiffani, I saw that special last year on BYU tv but I don't have the soundtrack so I will have to check it out. I have a MoTab Christmas album, but it isn't my favorite. This one is probably much better.

For those of you who don't own a MoTab cd, you should definitely buy Love is Spoken Here. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any MoTab music either, I'll have to check it out.

tharker said...

Marilyn is right, Love is Spoken Here is a great one, but I would also add that Then Sings My Soul is also a fantastic album.

It funny because when I was younger, I thought MoTab was so boring, but now that I'm sort of grown up, I cannot think of any music that I would rather listen to. So for those of you who don't own any MoTab, add it to your Christmas list, you will not be dissapointed!

Ms. Kristen said...

Who is Laurie? No offense, Laurie...but I don't know you? Do you know her Tiffany? Anyway...I bought that CD and love it too! Mormon Tab. Choir sound like angels from heaven!
I am having anxiety about the ward spilts! Bro. Elison called for my keys and telling me to clean out my closet! Deep breathing!!!! I don't like change! I hope all the kids handle it o.k.

Elizabeth said...

My neighbor has this cd and loves it. We haven't bought it yet, though.

tharker said...

Kristen,

Laurie is a cool blogging chick that I "met" through this blog thingy. She lives in TX with her family and has some of the best tips for just about anything! You should check out her blog!

Kim said...

It was so fun to see you at the temple last night. I would've loved to talk to you longer. I'll be back on soon, promise. I miss it. I'm so happy that your pictures turned out so well. I LOVE them. Sorry about Thanksgiving. It sounds like it all came together but I can only imagine the STRESS!

Ms. Kristen said...

O.K.....Laurie left me a message and wasn't sure who she was! That is great about the whole blog world! You can meet others! So....are you excited about tomorrow!? Counting down the hours...hope we are in the same ward!

Brooklet said...

I love Christmas music. A good recommendation is always appreciated, since sometimes its so hit and miss when you buy a cd.

Ms. Kristen said...

Horray for 9th Ward!!!! I am excited for Spencer! He will do a great job! He is a geniune hard workin' Harker! I am excited for the new change!

Kris said...

Congrats on your husband's new calling. I bet it will be so exciting. So how big is 9th Ward? What time will your ward meet?

Kim said...

What's Spencer's calling? I'm soooo curious!