Monday, December 17, 2007

Our first tray almost full of cookies. {By the way, these are my very favorite baking sheets EVER!}

Please don't let the cookies slide off while I'm taking this picture...please don't let the cookies fall. Those were my thoughts. I wonder what Josh was thinking.


Cooling time. While these were cooling off, we made a big ol' batch of frosting. Can you say Almond Extract? Oh, hello!! Makes for the BEST frosting ever.


The final product. I'm not sure which was more yummy, the cookies or my happy little boy...

18 Thoughts:

Shayla said...

We did that on Friday with Grandma! The girls loved it. Our pictures could have looked almost exactly the same. Even down to the baking pans, those are my favorite too! :-) Nothing says Christmas like homemade sugar cookies.

Lee said...

How sweet. Little Miss and I did this today then we all decorated them for FHE. Love the cute pics.

Sarah said...

That looks like one happy little boy who probably thinks his mom is the coolest in the whole world. Kids love to have alone time, I'm trying to remember that as well. And those are some great looking sugar cookies. I like that you didn't make them too thin. I like to sink my teeth into a thick, soft, sugar cookie with yummy frosting (you're right about the almond extract). What kind of pans are those?

tharker said...

They are the half sheet pans from Costco. I don't know if Costco still sells them, but they used to come in a 3 pack for like 13 bucks. They are the best because they are so shiny. It really helps for cookies because they bake more evenly.

I also do not like a flat or hard sugar cookie. It MUST be thick and chewy. Actually, I don't like any cookie that is hard...except Oreos...

meohmyers said...

So sweet! Isn't it funny that things like this will make kids sooooo happy!!! You know he will always remember this! I bought those cookie sheets for my mom a few years ago, should've grabbed a set for me, too!

Kim said...

I prefer making stuff with just one of my kiddos. I think it makes for less stress. We made banana bread together the other day and trying to make all three kiddos happy while helping was a job and half. I'm glad you got time with Josh. He probably loved the pics too. Good reminder to me to pull my kids aside one on one and hang out. My kids made a fort yesterday and wanted me to hang out in it. I was too busy. :( I'll have to do it today!!!

Brooklet said...

That does look like so much fun for Josh. I think that one on one time is so important and yet I am always putting it off to get things done. Claire has really started like helping make cookies- she likes to pour all the ingredients in the bowl, and like her fingers and then stick them into the sugar. Good times.

Great pictures!

Kris said...

How fun for you to spend some time with Josh. Cookies have been around my house all weekend! I took a ton of pictures too, so I'll probably be posting. Josh looks like one happy kid. Love the comment about Pablo in the background. You are such a good mom, Tiff!

Heather said...

Looks like fun, I love kitchen projects with kids.

MadMadameMim said...

Now whos the great mom? what a great activity and he looks really happy. I spent all day yesturday making cookies too but instead of helping my kiddos tore up the house :) the sweet little dears.

Melissa said...

You are, without a doubt, the most awesome mom ever! Red came home the other day and said they wanted us to bring cookies to their class party... I asked him what kind he wanted to make and in my head I'm thinking "Please don't say sugar cookies... please oh please!" He picked chocolate chip and I couldn't be happier!!

tharker said...

It makes me so happy to know that I'm not the only one who detests making sugar cookies. Now eating them?? That's a different story!

Emily said...

Good Mom!!! It always feels good to get to spend one on one time with our kids. It gets much more difficult though the more kids you have:) Can you post your sugar cookie recipe? Please?

Shells said...

I love the picture. I can just see Josh's personality in all picture he takes. He is happy, energetic little guy. The cookies look great, too.

Elizabeth said...

Mmmmm....these look LOVELY.

And I also love those baking sheets. Aren't they the best?

Nicole said...

How fun!

Kristi said...

Your sugar cookies look delicious! I hate making sugar cookies b/c I've never had success. They always fall apart before we can even get them to the baking pan. Here's another vote for you to post your recipe so I can try it! I agree, these are memories worth creating. I remember making little bread loaves with my mom once -- and I was about 4 or 5 at the time.

Jessica said...

What a great MOm you are! I love the picture of him rolling out the dough, so sweet, the look on his face is priceless!