I love how one day, my hair is working just fine, and then WHAM, like milliseconds later, I can't do a single thing to save myself from being a victim of {Please insert booming car salesman voice now} The Bad Hair Day.
It is as if my beloved tresses have decided that they need a good chop, and they are on strike until I am sitting in Megan's blue chair once and for all. Yes, we all know how much I love my hair. So maybe I've said it a time or two million. Whatcha' gonna do? Stop reading? {Please don't, by the way}
This winter has not been kind to my hair. It's dry, it needs a hearty dose of color, and I really don't know what else. Even though I absolutely love my hair, here's the deal. I have not changed the cut for over 4 years. 4 YEARS people!
I fear that I will be one of those crazy ladies on Oprah who have worn the same hairstyle for 26 years, or some ridiculous number like that. One day will the A-line be on the same plane as The Mullet? Dear, dear me, I hope not.
I have a glorious appointment tomorrow afternoon. So here's the question that is spinning around in this empty little head. {Since it's spinning so fast, I don't hear it rattling...that's good news!} Should I actually do something, dare I say, different?
Thursday, January 24, 2008
In the blink of an eye
Posted by tharker at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


25 Thoughts:
I can't believe you have had the same style for FOUR years!
How much change can you get out of a short cut? Bangs maybe?
I don't see you often enough...do you already have some bangs? It's late and I'm rambling... I'll stop now.
You're crackin me up Danyelle!
No way I love your hair! You should keep it, that is if you still love it too! And I think A lines are still very in. At least I hope so for Tia's sake Ü
I agree bangs is about all you can do or get the min. trim and grow it out...Good luck and I can't wait to see waht you decide.
Your head is far from empty by the way.
You are too cute!
I love your hair too! I don't know what you'd do to change it. Grow it out? Man, I hate the "grow it out stage". Remember my bad hair cutting experience when Sonya had her baby and I was trying to be a nice client and go to Hairmasters to give Sonya a break? When Sonya finally got me back in the chair after a few weeks, she kept saying, "I can't believe they did this to your hair" about every 7 minutes. She was getting as mad as I had been.
Anyway, I totally understand when your hair has gone against you. I have to call Sonya every 6-8 weeks and say, "My hair hates me. Can you help?"
Good luck on the cut! My two cents is that I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It fits you!
So even if I keep the cut the same, what do you people think about color?
I agree that there isn't much you could do different, except go shorter and I've been there and done that and it ain't pretty! Just kidding. It wasn't that bad really, but I think your hair still looks really good.
Color? I don't color my hair, so I'm not good at giving advice. But Megan is! I need to call and schedule a trim too!
I've never met you in person :) but according to your pictures, your hair is darling! However, it looks like you have great hair, period, so if you decide you want a change it - it will be darling in a new style too! Have fun relaxing at the salon (it's my favorite 3 hour get away every few months!)
I love your hair! It could go shorter....new oolor....whateveryou do it will be cute! I hear Megan does a darn good job!
You have great style baby!
I agree, the only options you have are to go a lot shorter to look different or you will have to grow it out. Since your hair is already driving you crazy, I doubt you'll want to grow it out. So I say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." You should just keep it as is because it looks great on you.
I think you should go red. JK. I think you should keep the cut or go longer, definitely not shorter. By the way, I had a mullet, sort of. That's what my sister says anyway. Every time I go out to my parents I see it on their wall, in all its
16X20 grandeur. Yeah, that's right, my Senior picture is UUUUUUUGLY!!
Kim that is hilarious. I'd love to see you with a Mullet! And hmmm...I wonder why you'd say to go RED!
My vote is to leave the style (love it on you!) and darken it up a bit. Maybe just a few carmel highlights around your face. Its winter, a great time for dark! I went dark in November and LOVE IT! You will, of course, look adorable in anything you do!
You have amazing hair no matter how it's cut! Please post pictures when you are done. My hair needs some serious help right now. I wish I could find a good stylist to help me!
I've never met you in person, but I have seen your picture and I think your hair is so beautiful! I love the cut you currently have. But do whatever makes you happy and you can't go wrong!
brunette
Buzz cut all the way. If Britney can do it, you can too. It will bring out your eyes. Truly.
I agree with shoeaddict (whoever that is) Here's a funny statistic, don't wash it as often, what! I know ,but shampoos especially with alcohol totally dry out your hair and take away your natural oils, something to think about:)
Thanks for the tip Amelia. I've actually been trying to go every other day without washing it lately, but then I feel like it's a greasy ball of mess by the middle of the day. Maybe my hair just needs to get used to it.
I think your hair looks super cute just the way it is, but I totally understand the feeling of wanting to change things up a bit. You could experiment with some different highlights or lowlights, but I think your hair looks great blond.
It's only hair. Why should it like this winter any better than the rest of us.
I say go brunette, but not sorta brunette, where you have dark untones and still blonde highlights. Go BRUNETTE!!
Tiffani, don't change your hair. It's so awesome.
Hey...don't feel bad. Before I cute my hair this past time, I essentially had the same hair for at least 12 years, and I'm planning on going back. I don't regret doing it because I just really needed a change, but now I kind of miss my long hair sometimes. But just sometimes. I still like the shorter version as well.
So anyway, I'm intrigued. What did you do? Pictures please!
I know I'm too late on this... but I have a hard time changing my hairstyle too... just thought I'd let you know that you're not alone :)
Post a Comment