Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Twisted Sister

I woke up yesterday morning with a sore neck. I must have twisted it, or something while sleeping, and today it's even worse. So here I am walking around all stiff. It hurts to turn my head more than a few inches either way, so I try to just keep it as straight as possible. But then I end up looking like Frankenstein.

Oh, and carrying around a 35-40lb child who does not walk is AWESOME! He does most things on his own, but there are some things that he needs help with, and let me tell you, it hurts like a motha! Yeah so, I'm a little whiny. Sorry.

I have never been to a Chiropractor because it SCARES the crud out of me! The thought of someone twisting my neck freaks me out. I know that people swear by them, and I know that it would help me, but I am a wimp. The problem is, that this stupid neck thing is happening more and more frequently so I really need to just get over my silly fears and make an appointment.

Here's to a fantastic day!

19 Thoughts:

Marilyn said...

Remember that back and neck problem I had recently? Two trips to my chiropractor and I am feeling 150%. It was only getting worse not better and so I totally believe in chiropractic care.

The neck cracking is a little scary, I'll admit. I really like my doctor so if you want, you can e-mail me and I'll tell you who he is.

tharker said...

Thank you Marilyn! I would love to get his name from you. I'll email you later this morning!

Ms. Kristen said...

I also go to a chiropractor! They are awesome....except....my guy doesnt use his body force to adjust my spine....he uses a "gun/manipulator" thing that thumps the vertabre that is needing attention. He is so great! He is all the way up on Union St....above the church. The trip is worth it! He just got baptised recently too!

Hope you are feeling better! It is miserable when momma don't feel good!

Melissa said...

When I was in high school I fell on some ice and smashed a disk in my back... it threw my neck out in the process... and the chiropractor scared me... but it helped so much! Another thing that helps when I have back/neck problems - alternating heat and cold. Get an appointment!! Really... it will help...
Hope you feel better soon!

Heather said...

Wow, I would never have know- you looked so not frankenstieny yesterday. Hope you make that appt and feel better soon.

Alicia Leppert said...

I love the chiro. Being adjusted always helps me. The neck cracking is always scary to me...I always panic and think "What they heck are they doing?!" And then I have to remind myself they're allowed and it's okay. And it really helps. Sorry you're in pain. That sucks.

Thompson Family said...

The Chiropractor will help and I have had the gun/manipulator thing also and its amazing how well that thing can work. But if you are really not wanting to, call Kori at Eden Crest and treat yourself to a massage (did you know that she bought it!!!)! Its amazing how much that can help also. I hope you are feeling better. Heat pack might help in the mean time.

tharker said...

Karen, are you talking about Kori Hedquist?

::lindsay said...

Sorry about your neck. You should go to the chiropractor. I'm sure it will make you feel better!

dandee said...

I have never been to a chiropractor. It. scares. me.

Shoeaddict said...

I'd get a massage.

Thompson Family said...

Yes :-) Hedquist-Christian.

PRP said...

I'd get a massage as well, but it sounds like chiropractic care is all the rage. But a massage is so much more soothing....!

Load up on the Icy Hot and feel better soon!

Sarah said...

I had to go to the chiropractor in high school for a sports injury and it scared me so bad I've never been back. But, maybe I'm just a wimp and the sound of my arm being adjusted in its socket really wasn't that bad. HA! I hope you feel better soon and can get your neck back to normal again.

Kris said...

I'm with you on the Chiropractor. I've never been to one either. They scare me too! I hope you start to feel better soon! I do like the massage idea!

hatch said...

I to was afraid of the chiropractor. My neck was bugging me so bad a while back that I could no longer stand it. I had a massage- it was awesome and it helped for like a day. So finally I gave in and saw a chiroptactor, and I can honestly say that I have not felt this good in a long time. I really hope that you feel better soon!

tharker said...

Thanks everyone. I actually got an appt. with the same girl that gave Alicia her massage a while back. I go in about 20 minutes, and I am so excited!

Kim said...

I know a great massage therapist. My sister!!! Jeff got me an hour with her doing La Stone Massage. I can't wait!!! I laughed when I realized your post wasn't about the heavy metal rock group!!! :) Hope your neck gets better SOON! I hate it when my neck does that. I always hurt my neck when I'm nursing my new babies. Drives me BATTY!!!!!

Shells said...

A message -- the thought of one makes me think that the neck pain is almost worth it just for an excuse for a message. Of course, that is so easy for me to say since I'm not the one suffering.