Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Kids say

Some of my favorite posts are about children and the funny things that they say. I just love to hear the thoughts of children, and love to figure out how their brains tick. We had a funny one today, so I thought I would share.

The boys and I ate a picnic lunch in the backyard. {How gorgeous is this day?} While we were eating, Josh kept talking to the yippy little poodle-ish concoction of a dog that lives behind us. Apparently, the dog wasn't listening and Josh was getting a little frustrated.

He asked me why the dog wasn't listening to him and I told him I didn't know. Jake then chimed in with, "Josh, you need to speak very slowly. He is a Spanish dog. He doesn't understand you, because he only ruffs in Spanish."

I got the best chuckle out of it. That boy is hilarious!

23 Thoughts:

Terilyn said...

I love the giggles our children provide us on an almost daily basis. Spanish poodle. FUNNY!

Jessica said...

That is so funny! I love it!

Anonymous said...

One day when my oldest was 2 he was blowing bubbles in his milk with a straw and I told him to stop. He said "But mom I am speakin Spanish!" I laughed so hard because that is exactly how it must sound to a little kid when they hear another language. Like someone is gargling!...or "ruffing."
GENEIL

emahaf said...

that is so funny, it is so amazing the things that come out of kids mouths.

Heather said...

HA! That was good.

Casee said...

That is great, kids are so clever!

Jan said...

I wish I could have been there for that one. So funny. Adios.

PRP said...

Maybe I should have Spence come over to translate....!

Adolescent Family said...

Out of the mouths of babes! What a fun afternoon! :)

Ms. Kristen said...

I laughed out loud on that one! He is a cutie!

Thanks for talking to Tracy the other night! She told me she really enjoyed your visit! I am glad others are reaching out to her...! Thanks....you were meant to call her!

MadMadameMim said...

love that Josh can tell the difference between English ruffs and Spanish ones, who knew he was a bilingual barker :)!

Alicia Leppert said...

How funny. I love hearing the hilarious things little kids say so innocently.

Sarah said...

Kids always seem to say things that make perfect sense to them in their own little world. That's a keeper.

Kristi said...

That's funny. Kids are so fun to listen to!

Kris said...

Sounds like Jake can understand Spanish quite well! What a cute conversation! Love this weather! I hope it's here to stay!

::lindsay said...

Funny. Maybe he's watched too many Taco Bell commercials.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love the minds of kids too. That's hilarious. This weather is long overdue and we're lovin' it. (I took your advice and purchased that cleaning product, thanks for the heads up.)

Marilyn said...

That was a good one. Hilarious!

dandee said...

Spanish speaking dogs- Josh is so smart. Of course dogs can understand and "speak" more than just english! SO funny!

Lisa Christine said...

I have a random stray dog staying at my house right now (pray that we find the owner soon!). Maybe he ruffs in Spanish?

AOlson said...

HILARIOUS!! If Spence isn't available to translate give me a call I may be able to help Josh!! What sweethearts those boys are!

Melissa said...

That is too funny! I guess you'll just have to teach the kids Spanish now :)

Jodi said...

That is so funny! Kids come up with the funniest things. My 4 year old just fell from our stool and I asked him where he hurt and he said, "I hurt my pirates." :)