Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cause and Effect


IF you do not tell your child that they should place the shower liner INSIDE the tub, then you will end up using a mound of towels similar to this, to mop up the 1/2 INCH of water that is covering the ENTIRE bathroom floor.
Just a warning.

16 Thoughts:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

we just did this very thing! How about the one where your 3 yr old uses a whole new roll of TP to wipe ad then flushes? You pretty much get the same thing in the end. a load of nastiness. Yeah we roll like that at our house.My suggestion... quick throw it in the laundry and start it or your house will stink to high heaven by noon tomm. But you already know that don't ya? :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

And sometimes if you tell them ALL THE TIME, the bathroom floor still ends up soaking.

I always look at it like the floor gets a good cleaning, so there's a plus.

Cecilia said...

You crack me up girl! I do tell my kids and I still end up with a wet floor....bummer!

tharker said...

The crazy thing is, the floor wasn't just wet, I'm talking it was quickly flooding!

And yes Niki, the towels went into the wash RIGHT AWAY and are now all warm and snug in the dryer. The last thing I wanted was the nasty smell from wet towels lingering. Oh yeah, Reiken really outdid himself on the toilet paper huh?

Debie,
I thought the exact same thing. The floor got a real GOOD cleaning tonight!

Brooklet said...

I remember doing that at our grandmas house way back when. I hadn't ever used a shower curtain before, how was I to know?

Jan said...

I am still trying to "absorb" all of the incident. I say, as soon as summer really comes, take them all outside and hose them down. It will solve the problem of watering the garden and cleaning the kids at the same time.

Sorry about the flood. Did you see Noah? Is Spencer building an ark for the kids now?

Lee said...

That is so not fun. I am so sorry.

Stephanie said...

Dear Tiffani,

My Elisabeth was born in 1986. There have been so many advances in medical science that your son's life may be much more normal than Elisabeth's. Dream big.

In hind sight I think allowing Elisabeth to do more for herself would have aided in her independence.
We were fortunate . Elisabeth did not have any shunt revisions until she was sixteen. We had a few years of revisions from there. 5 in one year.2 in another.
We have friends who have children with spina bifida who are in college. My daughter reads at her age level . Her math was greatly affected. She does not add or subtract without a calculator. Her money skills are very poor. Now that she is out of high school this math deficit has caused the most difficulty. She was main streamed until junior high when she was too stressed trying to keep pace with her peers. Remember every single child is different. Your child may grow up and graduate from college.

Elisabeth had a myelomeningocele. L3-L4 She walks with forearm crutches. She self catheterizes. She uses a wheel chair for long distances. She had precocious puberty and ADD. She has been on attention deficit medication since age 5. She also has nonverbal learning disorder.

When she was three she was having a bath. She looked up toward the sky and said "Thank you Heavenly Father for my mommy." I immediately said out loud "thank you Heavenly Father for Elisabeth". That one moment has made all the struggles worthwhile.
You are welcome to visit my blog. Also feel free to ask any questions you may have. I may not know the answers but I am a good listening ear.
Take care
Stephanie

p.s.I am not sure if you received this via email.

Kate said...

yikes, thats no good. I hate cleaning up messes like that. At least your bathroom is clean now!! :)

Marilyn said...

This has happened at our house a few too many times. So frustrating.

PRP said...

Spence still does this all the time. Some day they'll get it, right?

Natasha said...

Glad to know mine aren't the only ones that still haven't gotten it.

Elizabeth said...

Don't you love wiping up water off the bathroom floor? It's so FUN.

Argh.

Lisa Christine said...

Growing up we had doors on our showers so I never encountered a shower curtain. I can remember going to a hotel once as a kid and not being sure if the curtain should go in or out. I think that I figured once I saw the water puddling up.

Kris said...

I hate water on the floor. Not a fun thing to clean up!

naturaljoy said...

I have so done that like a million times!