I love my husband. He is one of the hardest workers that I know. He has hideous work hours, but does it selflessly so that he can provide for us. He is awesome.
I only have one teeny tiny complaint.
When he sets his alarm for 1am, could he PLEASE not hit the snooze button every 9 minutes for the next HOUR?
I know it is so hard for him to wake up and get going at that untimely hour. But for me...the other person in the bed...it would be lovely if he would just go ahead and set his clock for 2am instead!
I'm just sayin'.
Monday, June 30, 2008
The life of a Breadman's wife
Posted by tharker at 7:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 Thoughts:
I know what you mean. Jack's alarm goes off at 5:40 a.m. and he hits snooze at least 5 times. I don't like the snooze button. I'd much rather just wake up when I need to.
I knew Spencer had to get up early, but I had no idea that early. Poor guy.
Getting up that early in no loafer of a man. But that would be annoying for sure. The wind is what kept us up last night. It threw a vehicle of ours a few feet away from where it was standing.
Those are some serious early hours your husband puts in. I don't blame you for not wanting to hear the snooze button at that hour.
Those are some serious early hours your husband puts in. I don't blame you for not wanting to hear the snooze button at that hour.
Donald has to wake up and leave a little after 6 every day. And here is the funny thing....I NEVER hear his alarm. It's like I know that it's not for me so my brain tunes it out. However, if I have to get up and going, lets say for Sunday morning (9AM church) I do hear it. Somehow my brain sorts it all out.
Sorry that your poor husband has to get up SO early...not fun at all.
I NEVER hear the alarm anymore.
Crazy, John does the same thing.
I think you've got a pretty valid complaint there!! Maybe you'll be able to compromise to 1:30??
I so hear you Tiffani. I'm the wife of a Frito Lay man and he gets up at those CRAZY hours too. Luckily I don't hear the alarm anymore (and he wakes up to the first ring) - but he does wake me up to kiss me goodbye every morning. Does your husband go to bed around 6:ish too? That's the part that's hardest for me. Trying to keep the boys quiet so Mick can sleep and having to put them to bed on my own. Ugh!! But I love him for working so hard so I can stay home with the kids.
Jodi,
Spencer doesn't go to bed until around 8 or 9. He comes home from work between 12 and 1pm and then takes a 3 or 4 hour nap, then he's up for a few more hours so we can have dinner and do family stuff.
It stinks that his day is so broken up, but he's done it for so long now, that even on his days off, he takes a nap! It's just part of him now. I didn't know that Mick was a Frito man. Maybe he and Spencer see each other around town...at 4am!
Wow, poor guy! I don't think I could do it, kudos to him. However, if I was in your shoes, I would feel exactly the same way. Good luck!
I offer my deepest sympathies to you Tiffani. My darling husband would do that too in the earlier years of our marriage. I finally had enough of it and read him the riot act. I told him that he would get a much better sleep if he would set the alarm for when he really needed to get up, instead of spending an hour sleeping in ten minute increments. And then to make sure he did it I kept setting his alarm for the time when he really needed to get up. He would wake up and see that he had no time to use the snooze option and after a few weeks of that he actually agreed that,this was the better way. Good Luck!
Its funny how the brain works. I don't hear the alarm anymore, but I can hear the slightest whimpering of the kids- that is the part Cody sleeps through.
I feel the same way when this happens at my house, even though it's usually in the 6:00 and 7:00 am hours. I still don't like have to be awakened every nine minutes or so when I'm not the one that has to get up! :)
I mentioned Spencer's schedule to Mick and he said there's no way he could break up his sleep like that. I was kind of hoping he could so we could see him in the evenings and I can have some help with bedtime... Oh well. And he said he does see your husband every once and awhile. Small world. :)
Im with you on this one. Kurt uses his cell as his alarm and its almost been thrown through the window a time or two!
My husband works crazy hours too. He gets up at 3a.m. to deliver medical supplies. I never realized breadmen have to get up so extremely early. The clock radio doesn't wake me. But I am middle aged and am up half the night anyway.
Hope you get some uninterupted sleep
Shawn works for Frito too and keeps the same kind of schedule as Spencer. He and Colby are often napping at the same time in the afternoon. He uses his phone for an alarm too so he cannot snooze. He does fall back to sleep sometimes and I have to kick him out of bed later in the morning.
Know you are not alone.!
Post a Comment