This is a call out to all lurkers. I would love for anyone who reads my blog, but doesn't regularly comment to drop me a little line. I would love to hear from ya!
The main reason I am doing this is because I am a total closet lurker. I love to read blogs of friends, or even friends of friends. I am completely fascinated by the every day lives of women just like me. There are some that I read quite regularly, but haven't worked up the courage to leave a comment. Then there are some that I finally did and have found a fun and exciting friendship developing.
So....
Now I want to know who you are. Say hello! Tell me a little about yourself. I won't bite.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Lurkers Unite
Posted by tharker at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


35 Thoughts:
well, you know who i am. i read sometimes, i comment hardly ever. time is a precious commodity here and my back can rarely be turned towards the computer without danger happening somewhere:)
i too, enjoy reading. . .
I feel like I've been all lurker and no love latley! Sorry for the absence of comments I'm trying to get back into the life of a
"normal" wife/mom but it is just taking time I tell ya. Besides I'm not sure I ever really fit the "normal" catagory before anyhow. My comments may be far and few between but please know I still stop in and read when I can:)
Ok, so I admit - I'm a lurker :) I love to read your blog - I love to read blogs of other LDS sahms with young kids. It makes me feel normal :) And since I miss living in the States it gives me a connection back there! Hope you don't mind me reading/commenting :) joanne x
I am a lurker too. I admit it. I have enjoyed your blog now for 5 months. I have stalked a little too. But don't worry, I have gotten a handle on that one.
Keep up the great blog and I always find pleasure and inspiration here. I should comment more, but I never know what to say. LOL.....
Um...Niki...since you just had a baby like two weeks ago, I totally understand! You're so cute.
Megan,
Glad to see you! I read your blog sometimes too. Your kids are just adorable!
Hi Joanne!
Happy to hear from you. You may lurk all you want or feel free to leave a comment anytime.
Oh Jan. You. Make. Me. Laugh.
Hi Tiffani, I have started leaving you comments already but I do agree that it can be hard starting up a blog relationship with someone you don't really know. Sometimes it feels like you're back in school. "Oh my gosh she sounds like one of the cool kids. What do I do if I say hi and she doesn't respond?" or "Oh man I just introduced my self to her . Oh no what if she thinks I'm too weird to hang with?" This is a little exaggerated for sure, but you get the idea. I don't worry too much though because so far it seems like everyone in the blogging world is so friendly.
Susan,
You are so funny! It's easy to see where The Donald gets his sense of humor from.
You crack me up! I am so a lurcker. I hardly ever leave comments.
I love the title of your post. You know I read. I love seeing your sweet kids and reading your humor.
You caught me!!! I found blogs when Rochelle was diagnosed with cancer and told me about her blog. Your blog I found through Kristen's blog. I am the biggest lurker and never leave comments, but I feel it is my duty as your vt to check up on you and make sure you keep on the strait and narrow:)! I keep coming back since your blog is informative, funny and uplifting! Now my secret is out! And if YOU are reading this, chances are I have lurked on YOUR blog too!!!
Kati
What I wanted to do when I saw you at Walmart last week... Run up to you, throw my arms around you and start gushing about how excited I was to finally see you in person and rave about my favorite posts.
What I did..."Uh...hi."
I guess I was afraid of getting another restraining order;)
long time reader~few and far between on the comments.
Give me the down low...stalker vs. lurker.
I think I may be a stalker.
But either way I own up to it. I love your blog and read all the time. I am a sahm of 3 and love it. I love to find other moms that feel the same way. It's nice to be able to laugh at ourselves. especially on the HARD days.
AHH!! and to think, within the realms of our LDS world it can be "small" but even in the blogging world!! It took me awhile to figure out & put 2+2 together but...HELLO Tiffany!!
If I had your email, I'd let you in to our semi boring blogging life....
Kati,
You are the greatest VT ever! Thanks for keeping on the straight and narrow.
Terri,
The funny thing is, I thought the same thing! I saw you and thought about saying hi, but then thought you would think I was crazy! "Umm, Hi. I read your blog" sounds pretty funny when you're standing in the dairy aisle. But next time I see you, I will throw my arms around ya!
Janna,
Thanks for comin' out! I'll see ya at swim lessons ;)
Dorothy,
I saw that you had a blog last week after Taunya discovered mine. I would love to read yours! tiffani_harker@hotmail.com And I'm sure that your life is anything but boring!
Kimberly,
It's nice to meet you! I agree. My favorite thing about blogging is the connection with other women.
Guess I am not the only one! :) Looking forward to chatting with you! Love, N
PS I told you you had a fan base maybe we will call ourselves the "tharkers." LOL :)
Hi Tiffani! I am guilty of being a lurker. I love your blog and when I see you st church things I feel like I already know you even though we don't know each other that well face to face.
Noelle,
You're too nice! But PLEASE don't call yourselves the Tharkers.... ;)
Vanessa,
Isn't that funny? I feel the same way. I'll see people around, and want to talk to them because I know so much about them from their blog, but then I just end up feeling like a stalker, so I don't. But please, let's actually talk next time we see each other!!
I often wonder who lurks around on my blog too cause I am the biggest lurker ever! I, too find other people's lives fascinating. I love your blog and I love that we've reconnected.
Me too Em. Me too.
Ok, I'm a lurker too. Your blogs crack me up! I found your blog from Karen T.'s blog.
Happy lurking...
Michelle :)
Hi Michelle. Welcome!!
You crack me up! Look at all of these secret admirers of yours!!! You're just too darn entertaining for all of us to stay away!
K, my sister Shellie told me I need to come out of lurk-dom now! I must admit I freguent your blog weekly, ok so maybe more than that.
I love the title of your post, Ive learned that everyone with a blog lurks too!
A little about myself...Im Shellie's older sister, I have 2 kids and one on the way, my hubby and I have been married about 8 years now. I stay at home with our kids and my hubby works out of town a lot this time of year. blogging is my sanity!
Hey Anna! Shellie told me that you were a reader. I'm glad you're out of lurkdom, and I agree. I think EVERYONE with a blog lurks onto other blogs. Glad you came out too!
Yup. I'm a lurker. Your's is a favorite for sure! I really like your witty posts, they are always a delight to read. You make me laugh and you're comments are just as funny too!
Oh Kelly,
I must meet you next time you come to see Karen. You are just too nice to me! Thank you for the compliment! Although lately I've felt like my blog is pretty boring. I guess my kids need to do something crazy like puke in a parking lot so that I can blog about it huh?
Okay I admit it too. Love to lurk. I just like to see what everyone is up to you know. But I do sometimes feel like the comment from susansayz wiht the whole high school thing. What if so and so doesn't want me lurking on their page. Anyway, I too sometimes want to go up to people and act like I totally know them becuase I read their blog and I relaize they would probably think I was nutso!!
Amy,
Your comment was so funny to me because I think we all feel that way too!
Hi, my name is Jodi and I'm a lurker. ;)
Hi, my name is Jodi and I'm a lurker. ;)
I got so excited about coming clean, I sent my post twice. Sorry!
I am one of those lurkers, from a friends blog. You sould so fun and I enjoy reading your posts. By the way, are you from Idaho???
Since I'm new to blogging and your Christmas card said you had one, I googled you and Spencer to find you. I've been reading just since the beginning of the month, getting inspired by an experienced blogger and looking for other people I know. And, hey since I'm writing-- on the book note, try Book of a Thousand Days, also Shannon Hale. I agree that the Host was slow.
Since I'm new to blogging and your Christmas card said you had one, I googled you and Spencer to find you. I've been reading just since the beginning of the month, getting inspired by an experienced blogger and looking for other people I know. And, hey since I'm writing-- on the book note, try Book of a Thousand Days, also Shannon Hale. I agree that the Host was slow.
Sorry, don't know why that posted twice.
Post a Comment