Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Book of a Thousand Days by you guessed it...Shannon Hale
These is my Words by Nancy TurnerThese 5 books are on my reading list for Summer '08. I fully realize that 3 out of the 5 books listed here are technically youth fiction...but I'm still young right??? I have heard great things about Shannon Hale's books, and I am so excited to start those. Also, each of my sisters in law have read These is my Words and I heard great reviews from each of them. I've been meaning to read this one for a long time, so I think this summer I will finally do it. What are you reading?




24 Thoughts:
I love Shannon Hale's book, The Goose Girl. I need to read all the other's of hers also. I think you'll love them too. I'm reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It's actually really good. Did you finish "The Host." I'm anxious to get my hands on that, and the 4th book of the Twilight Series.
You are still young. Never change that view.
I do not have a book list. I should because we are taking a "staycation" this year. Except for Sept. I don't really desire to go anywhere this summer. So maybe a book could pass the time. Thanks for the list.
I think you will really enjoy the the goose girl and princess academy. And you know how much I love These is my words! I almost envy your list, because you have some good ones to fall in love with. I still haven't read book of a thousand days, but one of my friends said it was her favorite shannon hale book, so it makes me excited!!!! How was the host?
ON my reading list for this summer is- the magic of ordinary days (our current book club read), wives and daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell- thats as far as I have thought forward.
by the way- one of my favorite books ever is Walk two moon. Its a youth fiction book, too, but sometimes those are the best books. I think you would really like that one also.
You might have to rearrange your reading list to include two more books because I'm pretty sure once you read "These is my Words" you'll immediately run to the library wanting to check out "Sarah's Quilt" and "Star Garden", the other two books in the series. I love those three books, and just finished re-reading them all last week.
You will love These is My Words. I couldn't put it down. The book to follow it is called Sarah's Quilt I think. I have heard good things about it also. Let us know what you think.
I didn't know that These is my Words was a series. Now I'm really intrigued!!! Thanks for the info Kristin and "a said".
By the way, who is "a said"?
Looks like a GREAT reading list! :) Hey just wanted to invite you to the first "Dress-IT-UP" blogger holiday! For details visit my blog (it all happens this weekend)!! Post up your favorite DRESS ...!
I hadn't heard of this author until recently. I'm excited to add some of these to my reading list too.
Right now I'm reading "Last Child in the Woods." I've been reading it for 6 months. I'll get to it as soon as school's out and things are settled. Right!!
I want to read "These is my Words", I've had quite a few people reccommend that one. I've had a really slow reading stint lately. I just got done reading "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. It's about a sort of real life Indiana Jones and his remarkable humanitarian efforts to build schools in the middle east. It was pretty amazing to read about what one person's efforts could accomplish.
Looks like you picked some great books. Cheers to summer reading.
Ever since I had children I have had a hard time getting books read. It seems there is no time during the day and at night I fall asleep within 2 pages. Anyways, this past weekend at the hospital I started Harry Potter 5....FINALLY! I had read 1-4 before I had kids. So now that I am back into reading I think I will finally finish off the Harry Potter series.
Happy Reading!
Well, I am STILL working on Love in Time of Cholera, it is taking me awhile, because school books take precedence. Oh yeah, and all of those textbooks, yuck! Textbooks are about the lamest of the lame, but I almost done, so I am just going to push on through and then I can start reading things that I WANT to read again. Thanks for the tips, I will have to put these books on my TO READ list.
I will finish up Anita Stansfield "Barrington" series....then I am excited to read Nancy Turners series! Yeah! I can't wait to read again!
I have been wanting to read These is my Words, for a while now. I almost suggested it when it was my turn to pick a book for book club. I really wish I would have. I had no idea it was a series. Right now I am reading The Guardian by Nicolas Sparks. I am only 100 pages into it, but so far so good. What did you think of the Host?
I'll have to try the Shannon Hale books. They look good. And I second Brooke's comment on "Walk two Moons". It is an excellent book.
I've never heard of "These Is My Words" but I want to read it now. I'm reading "Alone" by Lisa Gardner, a murder mystery, now.
I am reading The Twilight series. I have finished books 1 and 2 and need to go and get book 3. They are good, but I think I was expecting way more from them because of all of the hype that I heard about them. Book two was kinda hard for me to get through, I kept getting bored. Anyway, hopefullt I will get to read book 3 and 4 this summer and maybe The Host, was it good?
Some of the best books to read are ones written for the younger crowd.
"A said" is ME. "A" for April... :)
Weird...my URL isn't working. Oh well. :)
Hey April! How are you?
I loved Austenland. I thought it was a hoot because what she said on the outside was definately NOT what she was thinking!
I read The Last Lecture too and thought it was great. I needed a highlighter for it!
I have heard of the book These Is My Words, but haven't read it yet. So many books - WELCOME SUMMER!
I read goose girl it was great.
Post a Comment