Thursday, August 28, 2008

NieNie Day Goodies


I have been an avid reader of NieNie for about a year and a half. Stephanie's is one of the first blogs I check each day. Her love of life, and of her sweet family are so inspiring, and I always leave her blog feeling like I can do just a little better.

Trying to decide what I should donate for the silent auction was a bit tricky. If you know me at all, or read this blog, you will know that I'm not really a crafty sort of girl, and I don't do well in the creative department.

So, what to do?? What can I do to help? I CAN bake! I don't even know if this is something anyone would want, but yes, that's what I'm going to do. Open up your pocket books, and share the love for Nie and Christian, and I'll make the winner of the auction 5lbs. heavier! But it's 5lbs. for a GREAT cause, what more could you wish for???

So here it is. The winner of the auction will receive THEIR CHOICE of freshly handmade by moi, baked goods. Here's just a few examples:

Cinnamon Rolls
Caramel Pecan Rolls
Orange Rolls
Butterhorn Dinner Rolls
French Bread
Whole wheat or White bread
Cookies
Cake

Really, the possibilities are endless! So, go for it! Open your hearts to the Nielson family, and you will have the chance to pick from..well, anything your little heart (or stomach) desires!

I'm sorry to have to limit this auction to locals only, but I don't feel very comfortable about shipping Cinnamon rolls. Would they even still be good?? If you know of a good way, please let me know and I'd be happy to open up the auction to non-locals.

a) Please place your bid by leaving a comment with your bid amount in the comments section of this post. Check the comments often to see if you've been outbid. Please bid in whole dollar increments.

b) Following the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (make sure your comment bid includes an email address or link to your blog or some way to contact you). The winner will pay the amount of their winning bid to the Stephanie and Christian PayPal account. The winner will then forward the PayPal receipt to tiffani_harker@hotmail.com and I will get to work on your goodies and deliver them to your doorstep!

c) The auction will end on Sunday, August 31st @ 9pm (Pacific time).

9 Thoughts:

Lovely Lindsay said...

you're killing me! i will not be happy now until i get my hot little pregnant mitts on some of those cinnamon rolls. $20. please!
love, lindsay

Lisa Christine said...

Yum! I bid $25.00.

What a beautiful day to see the Nielon's being honored all throughout the blogging world.

Marilyn said...

Thanks for opening up your heart and your kitchen...I bid $27.00.

Kate said...

30.00 for me please. I think I am the only one that hasnt tried your famous cinnamon rolls!

Debie Spurgeon said...

What a fantastic idea. I remember your cinnamon roll demonstration and now would love a batch.

$40.00

Casee said...

Oh, how I wish I was a local. Good luck in the bidding!

Ms. Kristen said...

I'm going $50 for your rolls!

The Donald said...

Wow, Lisa might kill me, but I will say $53.47

Cinamon Rolls sound grubbin!

Meredith said...

fake and bake huh... as much as your auction cinamon rolls are from Rhoades. -sam-