I love this style of shoe. It reminds me of the 40's. As much as I love the 80's, if I could choose a decade to live in, the 40's would definitely be it. The womens' styles were so feminine and classy. I love everything from the hair, to the make up, to the clothing, to the shoes. It's all gorgeous.
I have a pair that are almost identical to this, and I wear them almost every Sunday. Pair them with a black pencil skirt, and you have perfection! Well, at least in my eyes anyway.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Pretty little shoes
Posted by tharker at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Thoughts:
Okay... I have a confession to make... are you ready? I do not own a pair of black dress shoes. Is that not the saddest thing you have ever heard? I need to get a pair though because I just got a black skirt. May I ask where you got the pic for these shoes? I'm hunting and those are way cute...
Those are some very cute shoes! Too bad my big, ugly feet wouldn't fit or look cute in them!
I with you, I love the 40's style too. And a pencil skirt with these shoes does sound like perfection.
My husband Don practically worships the Forties. Of course that is mostly because of WWII. I like the look though. I think the movie "The Notebook" has some of the best examples of fashions of the 40's. I wish I could wear shoes with heels. My knees are so bad though that even one inch heels would send me to the doctor.
Melissa,
I found these on Kohls.com They are normally $50, but are on sale for $30 or $35. And yes, you definitely need a pair of black dress shoes!
Those are really cute. I love how simple they are, but yet they have the bling of the ankle strap. You can wear those well.
Post a Comment