Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The best kind of Diva

She may say that's she's not, but don't believe her. Miss Jan really is THE DIVA of Emergency Preparedness.

Only she could teach a class and make us feel like putting together 72 hour kits and Sanitation Buckets really is the funnest thing in the world! Thanks for the inspiration, you boa wearing DIVA!

10 Thoughts:

Emily said...

I'll have to check out the emergency preparedness diva... I feel like I'm constantly working on food storage and never really get anywhere!

Totally unrelated...I had the funniest dream last night that you were a professional blogger...lol! I dreamt you were traveling around to different places giving seminars on how to blog...lol! Is that not the funniest thing? Love ya!

AOlson said...

That was the best emergency prepardeness night ever!!! Jan totally rocks!! I LOVE her. She totally "lit my fire" and I was so excited to come home and make my 72 hour kit and sanitation bucket. No one could have preseNted that like Jan. THANK YOU SO MUCH DIVA JAN!!!

Jan said...

Tiff, I am tearing up here. Seriously. That is so nice. You guys were so much fun. It was great to see so many faces I hadn't seen in awhile. I was a total goof ball with no direction. I was thinking this morning "did anyone follow that at all" those poor women. I wish I could have gotten the canning 101 and that poor man I tortured class. How was he?

Anyways. I really am not the diva at all, but it was sure fun playing cheerleader. :)

Kate said...

haha, I was thinking the same thing! last night was so much fun!! I was thinking all last night what day this week I am going to go buy some stuff for my 72 hour kit!
Thanks so much Jan!
The poor man is my father in law, he thought it was a lot of fun and he learned a lot too :) you were too funny.

Casee said...

I could use that kind of diva in my life! I don't even have 72 hour kits... gasp.

Kris said...

Only Jan could make saving our lives in a disaster so much fun. Sounds like it was a fun night.

Amy said...

Amen to that! Last night's enrichment was awesome! I've never felt so charged up about emergency preparedness. Although I think she forgot to mention that we ALL need to include a pink boa in our kits. That would definitely brighten up an emergency situation.

hatch said...

Oh I so wish I could have been there!!! I am sure that it was awesome!

Cecilia said...

The 72 hour kits have been haunting me in my dream or should I call them nightmares?!?!?!
Oh, I so need to get them done! Thanks for the reminder!

Andre said...

She was so funny!! I never would have thought that emergency preparedness could be so entertaining.