Isis is being sent to Portland today. Her liver is not functioning on it's own. She hasn't gained any weight since birth. They have actually lost her 3 times, and had to revive her each time. Her doctors say they are giving it 7-10 days for her liver to begin working on it's own. If that doesn't happen, then they've told my sister in law, Teresa that she won't make it.
I am so sad for them. I can't imagine the position that they are in, facing losing this sweet baby. It's hard to explain to them how I feel about this because they don't believe the same way I do. Of course I want them to have their beautiful little girl, but I'm also trying to understand that maybe it's not the Lord's will for Isis to stay. I want to comfort them, but I really don't know what to say right now.
Please pray for Brandon. As is expected, he is having a very hard time with this. But he has turned to a destructive old friend when it comes to handling the pain and anger that he feels. Brandon is an alcoholic. He has been trying for the last couple of years to get control of this thing that controls him. He is trying so hard not to face the reality of this situation. The drinking does that for him...at least for a while anyway. Because of all this, he is not being the support that he needs to be for Teresa and Isis. She has been there with the baby, and needs him. I just want him to get the help that he needs. Please pray for his heart to be softened.
I am putting their names in our local temple today, and my mom is calling around to several temples in Utah. Wherever you are, if you would like to participate by placing their names in your local temple, it would be greatly appreciated.
Wherever your faith lies, please pray for this tiny baby and her family. They both told me that they felt strength from the prayers that were offered in their behalf. Whatever the Lord's will is for little Isis, I pray that her family will gain strength and comfort.
Thank you for your prayers.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Prayers for Isis
Posted by tharker at 6:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 Thoughts:
Oh Tiff. I hope it all goes well. I will pray. Take care.
I will pray for this sweet family. My thoughts and prayers are with you too, as you give the support and love they need right now.
Tiffani, thanks for the update on your little niece. What a hard and terrible thing to go through. Please know that I will be thinking of them and you. Keep us updated too!
That is so difficult. Even going through my own trial, I don't know how they feel. I'm so grateful for the gospel so that I know where my Austin is. It would be so difficult without that knowledge.
Sending prayers your family's way. Hopefully this will bring your family closer together.
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for this family. No matter how hard I try I just cannot imagine the pain that these parents must be going through. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh Tiff, we'll be thinking of them.
oh, how SAD! I will definitely pray for them.
This is heartbreaking situation. I will pray fervently that they will feel peace and comfort throughout this trial and have the strength to deal with whatever the outcome might be.
My heart goes out to all involved in this little ones life.
We will place them on the prayer roll of the Chicago Temple
We will add them to our prayer list. I do feel confident though that the Lord knows what's best. We have had to have that attitude with Elisabeth. I love the plan of salvation. :)
I feel so sad for your brother, his wife and their sweet baby. I will definitely be praying for them. I will also call our temple in Mesa and put their name on the prayer roll.
((HUGS))
They will be in our prayers. Please keep us updated.
I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak. We will remember their little family in our prayers as well.
I live in Portland. Let me know if there is anything I can do for them.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve. I pray that this little one makes it, and that you brother and sister-in-law will be able to handle whatever comes their way.
They will be in my prayers!
Let me know if I can do ANYTHING. I will keep them in my prayers.
I'm so sorry.
We will pray and send our love.
Post a Comment