It's that time again. A post chronicling the crazy sayings of my favorite 5 year old little boy. Are you game?
Immediately after pulling away from preschool today, Jake utters this little gem of a sentence; "Mom, I know how to spell boob! It's easy, B-O-O-B. B-OO-B!"
Ummmmm.....what IS Miss Kristen teaching you anyway???
Keep in mind that I was driving on snow covered streets, so laughing uncontrollably was not a good option at the time, plus I didn't want to encourage him. So I commended him on his correct spelling and calmly asked where he heard that word.
Jake: "Sister Graham (his teacher at church) has one."
Oh dear, this is getting bad.
Me: "And...does Sister Graham talk about this thing?"
Jake: "Yeah, all the time, Mom."
Hmmmm...
Me: "When does she talk about it?"
Jake: "In class. She calls her little boy Boo-Boo, and sometimes just Boob."
Ahhhh...big sigh of relief. He's not talking about what I think he's talking about!
Miss Kristen, I want you to know that your Zoo Phonics are working beautifully! Jake is sounding out all sorts of different words ;)
Stay tuned for the next installment of crazy in the car.
Monday, January 05, 2009
The words every mother loves to hear
Posted by tharker at 7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 Thoughts:
LOL!!!
That is too funny! I can't believe Jake is 5 already. Holy cow! Where is the time going?
Love it! How boring would life be without our silly kids?
haha, that is hilarious :)
So funny! (Thanks Tiff)
I would have been wondering the same thing, what has your teacher been telling you?! Ha, that is great though. Makes like interesting right?
Hilarious!
Totally funny! I love these posts.
LOL! Where would this world be without 5 year olds?
This was great.
Really.
Thanks for sharing.
I love your in the car with kids posts! Too funny!!
Thanks for the giggle!
that was a giggle, though i am still confused- why would a mom call her baby a boob- it seems like there will be deep-seeded issues when that child grows up.
Post a Comment