Monday, February 09, 2009

These Dreams.


Anyone who knows me well knows that I have strange dreams. Not only are they strange, but they are also incredibly real. So real in fact, that sometimes I wake up and have to try to figure out if what I just dreamed really happened or not. And don't even get me started on dreams that I have when I'm pregnant...they are CRAZY!!

Over the last week, my dreams have been filled with nothing but high school. Good ol' Richland High, 1995 to be exact. I blame all this dream nostalgia on Facebook, really. Facebook is like a huge virtual high school reunion. It's been so much fun to find people from the good old days and see what they're up to, but the non-stop RHS dreams are KILLING me, people!

I loved the "Mixing Area" and "Mac Hall" just as much as the next Bomber, but really...do I have to dream of it every. single. night? I'm over it. The only good thing about these dreams is that somehow we are all 17, yet we have the knowledge and wisdom (haha!) of our adult selves. THAT would have made high school really rockin' if you ask me!

To top all this crazy dream stuff off, I actually received a phone call from a guy that I went to high school with on Saturday. Let me just say it was possibly one of the strangest telephone conversations I've ever had! Apparently, he takes night classes from this gal, and they figured out that they both knew me, so he decided to look me up. It was...weird...to say the least.

I enjoy reminiscing just as much as anyone else, but tonight I would really appreciate it if my brain could come up with something else to dazzle my nighttime visions.

13 Thoughts:

Sara said...

Did you hear that they took the mixing area out of the High School, I am shocked at how different it looks every time I drive by.

hatch said...

I feel for you on the dream thing. I had dreams about highschool all the time this summer and they seemed so real. Luckly after my class reunion I stopped dreaming about it.

What a small world. I can see how a phone call like that could be....wierd.

tharker said...

No, Sara I didn't realize that the Mixing Area is no longer there. That seems so sad to me. I also learned recently that the buildings are no longer called by name. No more Mac Hall, Freshman Hall, ect...they're all just numbered now. That too makes me sad for some reason.

Casee said...

Facebook really is high school all over again... and I am not sure how much I like that. I just added you, can I be your friend?

tharker said...

Absolutely Casee!

Kelly said...

Ok, the graphic on your high school's sign is making me laugh... nothing like a nice nuclear mushroom cloud to make you want to go to school to learn! That is funny. :)

Amy said...

High school... ughhhhh. What a weird phone call. Isn't it amazing how much stuff that mattered in high school is so unimportant? I could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I knew what I know now!

hansen family said...

Those dreams get the best of us sometimes. it could be worse i guess, like texas chainsaw massacre, or that you weigh 500 lbs.... If only we were 17 with the knowledge we have now, we could so rule the school.

Sun

Kris said...

Weird to get a phone call like that. I can't imagine. I hate it when I have the strangest dreams and yet they are so real at the same time. When my brain dreams all night I don't sleep well at all. This post was funny!

Heather said...

Maybe you need to be hypnotized and go back and resolve some issues you have regarding high school and then you can be dream free. Or maybe you just need to stop looking at FB 12 hrs a day. :)

Kim said...

Weird. I don't know what to tell you. Did the guy that called totally know you were married?
When I have dreams about high school I have an adult brain too!! Wish I could've had it then.

Denise said...

ok, my question is who was the guy? I want to know how he found you, and how wierd - were you good friends in high school?

MadMadameMim said...

That is still so crazy to me. Still crazy that he looked you up, found you, and called you. And funny that it all started cause I reminded him of you. Such a compliment for me, but I guess it might just be the name thing.