Monday, September 07, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

:: The Good ::

~ Josh was baptized on Saturday evening
~ I'm entering my 27th week of pregnancy
~ Baby girl likes to perform something akin to an Irish River Dance every evening between the hours of 9pm and 11pm
~ The children are enjoying the day off of school
~ Spencer is celebrating a day off of work by fishing with his longtime friend Rob
~ Jake is now wearing to his brace 4 hours a day


:: The Bad ::

~ Our washing machine broke at 7:30am Saturday morning
{Thanks to the kind offers of friends and family, we have a place to wash our clothes until the part comes in}
~ I hurt my back
~ Not only am I showing off an awesome pregnant waddle, but I also limp because my left hip is causing me some pain too
~ Hannah was in trouble multiple times (I mean A LOT) this weekend for being mean to her brothers


:: The Ugly ::


~ I bore my testimony at church yesterday and balled through the entire thing
~ I do the "ugly cry" very well
~ It's embarrassing


Just a taste of our weekend. There were ups and there were downs, but all in all, it was a good one.

{Please excuse the heinous font sizing. Curse you Blogger!}

11 Thoughts:

Brooklet said...

Oh, how I wish I could have seen the ugly cry (and then I would have more imitations for my repertoire).

The good sounds good, congrats to Josh!

The bad. . well, sorry. But the good news is you are in your last trimester!

PRP said...

I'm so sorry! I'm a truly crappy friend. I have no excuse (although you can blame Jen because I was painting HER bedroom at the time) I completely understand if you never want to talk to me again. But I'll be sad...:(

Yeah for Jake!

Boo for the left hip!

Hooray for the ugly cry!

Love you.

PRP said...

And congrats to Josh!

Sheesh, I really hate myself now...

Ms. Kristen said...

Listen....you did not have an ugly cry! You always look so gracious and beautiful when you testify!

And.....my kids are fighting , as we speak! UGHHHH! It gets worse when they hit 10~! I'm tellin ya!

Hang in there!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry about your washer and your back! I had hip problems all through pregnancy, too.

I, for one, appreciated your testimony yesterday. You always look beautiful, and certainly never ugly, even when you cry.

Congratulations to Josh getting baptized!

Amy said...

p.s. Josh was so cute in his suit yesterday reading his scripture at the pulpit. Adorable!

Adolescent Family said...

Yay for Josh!

Yay for Jake!

Sorry for Hannah.

Sorry for you. but I do know something that helps ;)

I am glad you had a good (?) weekend. :)

Kati said...

What ugly cry? I saw you and you always look good. Josh was way cute too. It makes me a bit happy to hear that other children are mean to their siblings also, I thought it was only mine... Sorry about your back, pregnancies are harder the fourth time around.

AOlson said...

Your testimony was AWESOME, even though I was sitting in the VERY back!! I was so inspired to get up after you, but then fear took over.

Congrats to Josh!! We love that kid!!

Hope your hip feels better!!

Casee said...

More good than bad, so that is good right? Yay for 27 weeks, you are nearing the end and that is wonderful news!

Sarah said...

I'm not a graceful person when crying either. I always have admired the people who can talk through their tears. That is so exciting that Josh was baptized, I hope he had a wonderful experience! Oh, and I loved your comparison to baby girl doing an irish jig. Too funny.