Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mother Udder.

Having a new baby has brought about many new changes in our home. The usual. Less sleep. More crazy (me.) More diapers. More love. Oh yeah, and courtesy of Spencer, a new nickname for me. Here's how it came about.

Eva is completely smitten with her father. I'm serious. She's already a daddy's girl and totally loves him! I can try rocking her to sleep for an hour with little success, then he will take her and she's out in literally 30 seconds. It's sweet and infuriating all at the same time. I do all the work and he gets all the glory!

Lately I've been feeling like a human cow (for obvious reasons). Right now, Eva is interested in me for 10-15 minutes, 10 times a day. That's about it. To add insult to injury, not only does Spencer have magic hands that can put her to sleep in seconds, but he is able to get her to smile at the drop of a hat! I will try and try to get just one little grin out of her, and she looks at me like I'm nuts. But of course, all daddy has to do is say her name, and she's all smiles! Grrr!!!

No really, I'm just teasing. I'm okay with just being her "Mother Udder" for now. I tell Spencer that it bugs me how much she adores him, but secretly I think it's adorable. She has him wrapped around her little finger, and I love being witness to it. He adores his little girl, and is eating up all of the love she gives to him and only him.

Now, if only I could get him to change more diapers...

16 Thoughts:

Shells said...

I'm glad that she likes Spencer. It took Abby FOREVER to warm up to Tom which meant I didn't leave her alone with him very much (she would just scream). Life is so much easier now that she adores her daddy.

Anyway, I'd love to see some pictures of Eva, her smile, and her daddy!

tharker said...

Hannah and Josh were the same as Abby. It was so hard to leave them because I knew that the baby and dad would both be absolutely miserable. I'm glad Abby likes her dad now, too!

Stacee said...

daddy's have their way with kids...my hubby is just the same. I wouldn't like that nick name either. Enjoy her while she's still small.

Natasha said...

You know it is quite convenient when they want their daddy later on.

Lisa Christine said...

So sweet! She has him wrapped aroud her little finger. Just wait til she's 16 and wanting a car.....she'll have him all figured out :)

PRP said...

That name is hilarious. Can I start calling you that in public?

Adolescent Family said...

You could probably go to dinner or a movie in between being 'Mother Udder'! Treat yourself! She's a daddy's girl at the moment, work it. :)

Andre said...

We have a "super power" and they always like to make fun of it!

Clay loves coming home to see Colby spaz out at the sight of him. When Colby gets excited his whole body wriggles.

Thanks for the compliment about my suit. Never thought of myself as hot!

Casee said...

It's a catch 22, isn't it? I love that Will adores his dad, but like you, sometimes I feel like I am only good for one thing, providing the food. But I guarantee little Eva adores you too, she may just have a different way of showing it to you than she does with Spencer.

Michelle said...

My kids all like Nathan better. They pretty much always have. As for the diapers, I told Spence he was lame for not changing any-- not that he would ever listen to me. :)

Kim said...

Mother udder?? Are you reading any good books while you nurse away? You're too funny. Sounds like you guys are soaking her up.

Heather said...

That nickname stinks... seriously. So cute to see daddys with babies- I love it!

AOlson said...

LOL! Mother Udder!! LOL! Spencer is too funny. Sweet Little Eva. Love her to pieces!

Amy said...

I sadly know the feeling. But that is so sweet though about Spencer and Eva!

Brooklet said...

she totally knows how it works- get your dad wrapped around your finger and then you will be the princess forever! So does this mean Spencer has been changing diapers?? or is that still mother udders responsibilities??

Elizabeth said...

Just think...if it weren't for you, that little gal _wouldn't_ be so happy. So just pat yourself on the back for facilitating all the happiness. ;) If you weren't feeding her, loving her, changing her, holding her, etc. -- she wouldn't be a happy camper.

Lets face it...she adores you.