Monday, September 06, 2010
And so it goes.
10:18pm. Another day gone. I sit here, staring at my computer screen. Sporting my favorite ratty t-shirt and yoga pants {if only i did yoga...}. Makeup all but worn off. Retainer in place. Headband and pony tail are the look tonight. My house is quiet, except for the ever present hum of the dryer.
It's the end of the day. Busy days, quiet days, crazy days. It seems I get a little bit of everything each day. Tomorrow will be no different. Busy, quiet and crazy. All just at different moments. It keeps things interesting.
Night after night, after my children are read to, loved on, prayed with and tucked in, I find myself wanting nothing more than to simply relish in the quiet. Because as much as I love my life, my family, my home and all of the busy and the crazy that come with it...I really enjoy the quiet too. I like to think of it as my daily reward.
And so it goes...
Posted by tharker at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 Thoughts:
Houses can be quiet? Wow. Who knew?
Enjoy it!
You capture that moment at the end of day we all relish-and so beautifully too. :)
I love a quiet house. It is SO nice to get those moments, because we sure don't get them very often! (oh, and you look beautiful, even with your makeup worn off!)
It was so nice to see you today and chat even if it was only for a min. You are beautiful as always no matter what time of day.
The ever present hum of the dryer -so true. Mine never seems to quit either. I don't know about you, but my quiet moments never seem to cooincide with the times I can actually use it to my advantage.
Amen!
ok...So for the way you just described yourself, You look pretty darn fabulous...silly girl, your a doll.
sun
Post a Comment