Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow...Snow...Snow


{The title to this post makes me want to watch White Christmas}

Spencer had the day off today, so instead of sitting around the house (as we've done for most of Christmas break) we decided to get out and do something fun.

We wanted to take the kids sledding, but as all of our snow melted right before Christmas (what's up with that?) we had to find a suitable alternative. (one with lots of snow)  So made our way about an hour Eastward to Dayton and spent the afternoon sledding and having snowball fights.

Eva wasn't too sure of the snow at first and did not want us to put her down.  After a while though, she began to crawl around in it (as much as her snowsuit would allow....Randy from A Christmas Story anyone?)  "I can't put my arms down!"  Eventually she decided she was done, and that usually translates to us all being done.  The kids all loved it and asked to go again soon.  I guess that means the day was a success!

We also decided to drive up to Bluewood (because we've never been...we're not skiers).  It was such a gorgeous drive.  I've never seen so much snow in all my life.  The trees were coated from top to bottom with layers and layers of snow.  It looked like something out of a magazine, and I loved every minute of it.

Long story short, (too late) it was a great day.

Until Jake puked in the driveway.

Ahh, well.  So it goes.



8 Thoughts:

Brooklet said...

For some reason this didn't pop up as new on my google reader- so I am glad facebook mentioned it. It looks like a winter wonderland up there- so much fun!

hatch said...

Better on your driveway, than in your car.

PRP said...

It all sounded perfect, right up until the puke in the driveway. Glad you got out to see the snow though! Trees like that are one of my favorite things!

dandee said...

"You can put your arms down when you get to school."

couldn't help myself.

Hooray for happy family days!

tharker said...

I love that movie so much!!

::lindsay said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Yea for vacation!

Anonymous said...

It's Ralphie not Randy! Who's Randy!! :)

tharker said...

No, actually it was Randy. Randy is Ralphie's little brother who the mother wraps up so tightly in snow clothes before he leaves for school. He says, "I can't put my arms down!" And then the mother says, "You can put your arms down when you get to school."