

Here are a couple of pictures of my get up for the 80's party. Sorry they are pretty blurry, but you get the idea. Too bad you can't see my big flower bangs complimeted by the blue eyeshadow and frosty pink lip gloss. It was not pretty. Why did we ever do this to ourselves? However it was fun going retro.
Karen, the legwarmers were perfect, thanks! We had a really good time and it was hilarious seeing everyone revert back to their old Jr. High or High School self. We played "Totally Awesome 80's Jeapordy" which I must brag a bit about. Spencer and I totally dominated! 4000 points, "Yeah baby!". We also had a little "Name that 80's tune". I thought I knew my 80's music but I have to give credit where credit is due. Spencer rocks! I could not believe all the songs AND artists that he knew. He even won a Michael Jackson "Thriller" CD which I am so excited about. I had the LP back in the day, but of course have no idea what happened to it. We also won "Ghostbusters". I haven't seen that movie in years so it should be fun to see it again.
I did embarrass Spencer a little bit tonight. Name that tune was boys against girls and in order to win an extra point I did a little "Roger Rabbit" to the tune of "I think we're alone now" by Tiffany(originally the Beatles). He looked like he wanted to crawl under his chair, but hey I had to take one for the team! Anyone up for a little 80's karaoke sometime? It would be so fun!!
Friday, November 10, 2006
Big hair equals Big fun
Posted by tharker at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Thoughts:
Too funny! You look awesome! That sounds like such a fun party. Congrats on your game domination. I love the 80s prizes!
Did you do the running man? You look awesome. I love the flowered bangs. I must admit I was a flowered-bangs-wearer all through elementary school.
You look like totally awesome! Your bangs are like to the max! And those leg warmers are like mass rad! :)
I would LOVE to play 80s Jeopardy sometime! I'm not much of a singer even when it comes to karaoke but I'm all for Name that 80s Tune! How fun!
I feathered my hair all through Junior High! Then when "flowering" your bangs was out, it turned into the "claw"! Do any of you young'uns know what I'm talking about?
Totally had the "claw" in Jr. High! We all brought a picture of ourselves from the 80's. I chose one from 6th grade. (Huge hair, ugly blue sweater, and matching blue "laser shade" background to boot) Jake saw it this morning and said, "Mom, you looks ugly here". And when I put it away he asked, "Mom, can I see the picture so you can looks ugly again?" Thanks Jake for keepin it real.
Post a Comment