Saturday, November 25, 2006

Calgon, take me away....far, far, away....NOW!!!

Can you tell which direction this post is heading? I just need to vent a bit. Do you ever have one of those days, or a week, when the very sound of your sweet children's voices makes you want to run screaming for the hills? Well as if it's not painfully obvious I have had one of those weeks. It's not even necessarily my kids causing all the turmoil. It just seems like this week has been extra crazy.

If I have to hear one more child cry out, "M-O-O-O-O-O-O-M!", I'm going to go nuts. I've broken up more fights in the last few days than I care to recount, I've retrieved an escaped dog from our neighbor's backyard at least 5 times. Two of the retrievals occured on school mornings. Not something I'd like to add to the morning routine by the way. On one of those insane mornings I forgot to make my poor daughter lunch and sent her to school almost in tears because of said infraction and because I said I hate the dog.(The situation was quickly remedied as I sent a lunch including a napkin telling her I love her and reassuring her that we are keeping the dog) I have a certain 5 year old boy that is constantly in everyone's face. It's funny the first time, but please make it stop!!! My kids don't listen to me, I just want to go to the bathroom in peace, can't they just be quiet for 2 minutes? Blah, blah, blah, as if I'm the only mom who has ever experienced this!.

After this week of crap, I feel a little deflated. I'm left feeling like the worst mom in the world, when I KNOW that I'm not. I hate feeling this way. I'm not a negative person, so I'm sorry for all of this gloom. Seriously, I know I've got great kids and I love each of them more than I could ever describe. So why am I being so "Debbie Downer"? Again, I apologize for whining and complaining. But it does feel nice just to express it, so thank you for enduring my rant. I'm done.

5 Thoughts:

Brooklet said...

Everyone has days like this, and everyone has the right to vent. My suggestion is take some time for yourself- leave the kids with Spence and go do something all by yourself- take a walk, go shopping, and get a peanut buster parfait (which is okay, since you did the walk). You just need a breather.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, Tiffany, you just described every day of my life. I feel like I'm the only mom who goes through this, because I never hear anyone complain about it. So it makes me sooooo happy to hear I am not alone and I'm not just a horrible mother! I know what you mean, though, how can these little people that we love more than life itself be the very things that make us just want to run away screaming?

tharker said...

No Alicia, you're not a terrible mother, don't you sometimes feel like motherhood is just one big guilty cycle? I do sometimes. I took your advice Brooke. Even though it wasn't a big deal I went to Walmart and did a little grocery shopping alone! Our scouts are having a food drive, so I picked up the stuff for that. It was really fun to shop for someone that I knew really needed it, and it helped me to stop feeling sorry for myself. Plus I picked up my new favorite ice cream for myself. "Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch"...so yummy!

meohmyers said...

Makes you wonder why we have so many kids! Feels like you just read a page out of my journal! Hang in there. It makes the sweet moments that much more sweeter!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say that I have had days like that, but I am a perfect mother, with a perfect child.