Monday, December 11, 2006

My random thoughts

I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I last posted. Everyday, I have sat down to post, but really haven't been able to come up with anything worth blogging about. So I'll just give you the latest rundown.

We put up our Christmas tree on Friday and much to my happiness it is not a Charlie Brown tree this time around. I think we should have won the award last year for ugliest tree. Good old Yoke's came through for us this year and produced a fine stock of trees. The kids had tons of fun decorating, and after they went to bed I spent the evening "adjusting" their decorations. It looks nice. I love walking downstairs early in the morning and just sitting in the light of the tree. There's something very peaceful and theraputic about it.

I'm still not done Christmas shopping, but maybe this week????? We'll see. I think Spencer and I are going to a Christmas party on Friday night, so maybe we'll go out and do some shopping before the party. I just hate all the crowds, and I hate not being able to find what I want. Of course this could all be remedied if I actually did my shopping early, but where's the fun it that!

And last but certainly not least is the thing that's been weighing on my mind the most. Hannah will turn 7 in a couple of weeks and it's really hitting me that she will be getting baptized in just one year! Although I am so excited for that moment, I'm starting to worry. Have I done my best? Does she know what she needs to know? I'm really starting to feel the pressure. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. My baby girl will be in Senior Primary in a couple of weeks. When did that happen???!!! (Granted CTR 8 is actually a Jr. Primary class, but we have to put them in Sr. Primary in our ward because Jr is just too big)

I went to visit a friend today who just had a baby and instead of making me happy, it actually made me very sad. Just looking at this tiny perfect child, I couldn't help but remember those first days with each of my children. They seem like a lifetime ago. I was left wondering how it would be if the oppurtunity to hold a newborn child of our own, never comes again, it was so sad. When I was pregnant with Hannah, everyone told me how quickly she would grow and to cherish every moment. Well, when you're in the throws of poopy diapers, constant nursing, and sleepless nights, time does not pass quickly, or so it seems. Now suddenly she's in school...she's growing up. Turns out people were right, the time does fly. I haven't cherished "every" moment, but I have loved being a mother more than I ever thought possible.

I'm sorry for all of this rambling, I didn't mean for this post to end up so melancholly. Thank you for enduring my strange thoughts. They might seem random and unorganized, and maybe even pointless to some, but that's my favorite thing about having a blog. I can post my thoughts and even if no one but me understands where I'm coming from, I feel better just writing it down. So thank you Blogger!

4 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I loved the post! Thanks for keeping it all in perspective for the rest of us.

meohmyers said...

I can definitely relate. Brady is the first one being baptized in his class with his January birthday which leaves us only 6 more weeks! He is so excited and I'm trying to hold back the tears. Only because he's got 2 siblings right on his heels and before you know it, they're all grown up! Maddie has definitely been therapeutic but her first year is already over, too! Where does the time go?

Brooklet said...

my goodness, you have nothing to worry about with Hannah- she is a saint, and you have taught her so well. Just don't let Spencer scare her with tales of holding her under the water while he says the prayer!!

emahaf said...

I think hannah is wonderful and you have done a great job as a mom. it is very easy to get a little sad when we think of our cute little ones growing up. caleb will be one next week.