Thursday, December 14, 2006

My self worth

Is it wrong that I tend to measure my self worth on the number of comments that I receive after each blog? I don't know if any of my fellow bloggers feel the same way, but I just thought I'd ask. So my point is...please someone comment...anyone!! My self esteem is going down the toilet! I need feedback!

25 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

hey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have more self worth than you can imagine. You are a girl aren't you, therefore, you have valuable brains. (YLF strikes again)

Anonymous said...

I agree, and I have no comments on my last post either. Unless you count Lins calling to tell me she couldn't post her comment! Thanks for the love!!

tharker said...

I couldn't post any comments on your blog either Heather! Wonder what's going on. I had fun stuff to say about your night at the mall.

tharker said...

Thanks Mike Harker!(a.k.a. YLF) Are you too getting addicted to the blogs?!

tharker said...

I meant, two, as in you and Wileen!

Anonymous said...

No I'm not addicted. I just like to share words of wisdom now and then. (YLF)

Anonymous said...

I think Dad is rather bored in our little apartment. Michael likes to take naps, and then Mom and I have been sewing. THat leaves poor Dad to entertain himself. HE spent the first two hours visiting our beautiful area by reading Brooke's blog (of course it was while laying on his back to recover from his flight, but you don't need to know that).

Michelle

(oh, and push buttons, of course)

emahaf said...

Don't worry we all check our blogs a couple times to see who is commenting.

Alicia Leppert said...

I do the same thing. It's never fun to check my blog and see three comments, and then hop on over to Karen's and see 14. But I am thrilled that anyone is commenting on mine at all, and I know that a lot more people read Karen's than read mine, so it's okay. I guess I need to comment more, I just feel like people will get annoyed if I comment on everything.

Stacia said...

I feel the same way Tiffany! I just need to have a more exciting life or post some racy pictures. J/K Sometimes I am in a hurry and just check updates on blogs and don't post. It would be nice to have a history of who has read your updates. I hear typepad blogs have that feature.

meohmyers said...

All you need to do is install the statcounter on your blog. I check that almost every day on mine and it is reassuring to see that my blog is uploaded about 45 times a day. Granted it could be all my fans in Nebraska, Iowa, China, Brazil and Canada but it does make me feel better knowing someone out there wants to hear what I have to say! So don't worry about the comments or lack there of, just get the statcounter to show how often people check out your blog!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, blogs are SO addicting! I am always checking for new posts - I don't always have something to add, but I love reading what you have to say, and everyone's comments. Did someone leave you a naughty one that you had to delete??? Just curious;)

Brooklet said...

Sorry, I haven't posted until now because apparently you have bad word or something in one of your postings, becuase my computer was blocking you site. Maybe you should lay off the bad words!

You know me, I check you blog three or four times a day (okay more like 5 or 6). I am addicted to the days of your life.

Brooklet said...

17 comments, you should be feeling pretty good about yourself!!

Anonymous said...

what's up? I guess I have a low self worth, judging by the amount of comments I receive on my blog. But really it is only you, Brooke, and Michelle that leave me commments.

tharker said...

Thank you all for your comments! The comment that I deleted was a duplicate from my brother in law Lance. 18 comments!! That was so nice. Kim, how do you install the stat counter?

meohmyers said...

www.statcounter.com

I just had this conversation with Heather! It walks you through everything once you register. It's really cool because you can see a daily total, monthly total, and a running total. You can also see where people are from, where they found your link, etc. You can hide the statcounter or make it visible. Good luck! I guarantee your self worth will sky rocket once you see how many times a day people check out your blog!

tharker said...

Okay, so Kim, I know I'm totally retarded but I went through the whole process of installing the stat counter, went to paste it to my template, followed all of the instructions to a T, and still NOTHING! I'll just have to live with the fact that I am computer stupid!! Thanks again for all the comments ladies, (and gents)

tharker said...

I can take solace in the fact that my profile has been viewed no less than 460 times. That's pleasant news!

Alicia Leppert said...

I'm going to try to get me a statcounter. Nicole, I totally perk up every time I see the "this post has been removed by the blog administrator" and wonder what someone wrote that the owner of the blog felt needed erased! I think I'm going to start randomly deleting posts on my blog to mess with your minds!

meohmyers said...

I thought I did it wrong, too, at first. You probably installed the invisible stat counter. Go back to www.statcounter.com and log in, click on "my projects" and it should be there, tracking all the hits since you installed it. You'll have to log in to statcounter every time you want to see how many people have uploaded your blog. Click on the icon that looks like a bar graph and all the info is on the left in a scroll bar format that you can click on to get the nitty-gritty details about all your viewers! Hope it works!

tharker said...

thanks Kim! I think I did hit invisible tracker. It says that no one has checked my blog today...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I couldn't make it through my day with out your blog! I never comment, but your perspective on life makes my job being a mom possible! When ever I read your blog I think "YES! She knows what it's like! She is going through the same things I am" and I don't feel so alone. You could write a column for the news paper! Thank you for blogging!