Okay, so we all are aware that I am a bit technichally challenged right? Well I have overcome one more hurdle on my quest to not be a techno idiot. A couple of months ago, Kim told me how to post a stat counter on my blog, but for some reason it would never work. Now don't get ahead of yourselves and think that maybe it was the stat counter's problem. Of course it wasn't!
Apparently when you set up your stat counter account, you actually have to "install" it onto your blog! Why am I so lame? I've been checking it for weeks and haven't been able to figure out why it always says that there are ZERO uploads to my blog. I know people read it and comment, so of course I thought this whole stat counter thing was a joke and blamed the mishap on them.
Well I was looking at it again this morning and actually "read" the instructions below and realized that I had never installed it onto my blog! So once I got that all figured out, my stat counter was up and running! I just have to laugh at myself because it never changes, I'll always be kind of a dork in this area. I really need to remember that instructions are there for a reason.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Techno challenged me
Posted by tharker at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 Thoughts:
Good job Tiff!! Now you will be able to see that I check your blog at least 7 or 8 times a day.
You crack me up! I had no idea this whole time it wasn't even working! Now watch your self-esteem sky rocket. You'll be just as obsessed checking your stat counter as your blog! Congrats on getting it installed!
Well, I can beat Monica. I check your blog 20 times a day. So neener - neener - neener.
Tiffani,
It took me an evening to set up my blog and Marilyn called and had her's done in twenty minutes. I guess I can join the techno-challenged club.
Good luck with that stat counter, its kinda fun to see who is reading your blog. Or to confirm that only your close family and friends do, as in my case!! :)
So what does that say about me who has searched every nook and cranny of my blog and still cannot find where I would even beging to get a stat counter? I'm not sure it would be a good idea in my case, though. I think I would check it and see that ten people read my blog that day, but only three commented, and get all paraniod about why the other seven didn't comment!
I did not even know that there was such a thing as a stat counter. Way to go on getting it installed, If it was me I would still be working on the problem
Ha! I haven't even tried to install one because I know I would just screw it up. :)I can't even remember how to add links, although I did know how at one point. If you find some good techno help can you send her my way?
Post a Comment