Friday, May 11, 2007

He's a big boy now

Today was a BIG day at our house

Josh lost his first tooth today
He is counting the minutes until he gets a visit from the Tooth Fairy
I can't believe he's old enough to be losing teeth
Where did the time go?

11 Thoughts:

Kris said...

Congrats. That is so exciting. Tyler my 6 year old lost his first tooth recently too. So I know how fun it is. I have to admit though, that I get all queasy with teeth coming out! Ugh!

meohmyers said...

How did he handle it? Did you have to pull it or did he work it out on it's own? My kids are horrible at losing teeth. They are hanging by a thread and they still insist it isn't ready to come out yet! What a cutie!

Jessica said...

This was such a big moment at our house too! It's funny how excited and scared they are right before it comes out! So how much is your tooth fairy going to leave? Just courious...

dandee said...

Congratulations Josh! A very exciting day indeed!

tharker said...

While we were reading last night, Josh noticed that it had become much more loose, and after that he would not leave it alone. By this afternoon, it was ready to go. I told him that he could decide if I should pull it or not. He thought about it for about 15 minutes(seriously) and said I should go for it. But as soon as I put the piece of tissue on his tooth, he squirmed away. A few minutes later, Spencer asked Josh if he could feel his tooth, and while "feeling" it, he pulled it out. It was so funny. Right after it came out Josh said "Hey that didn't hurt at all!"

His tooth is safely tucked under his pillow awaiting the fairy. I'm not sure how much she'll leave. I guess however much she's got in her wallet, which is never much because she uses her debit card all of the time! She usually leaves $2 for the first tooth, and then 25cents or 50cents depending on the quality of the tooth. She's a cheap fairy. But my kids don't know any different!

Lee said...

How exciting! My Little man has lost two and has two more loose. Crazy how quickly they are growing up.

hatch said...

Congrats Josh! I wonder if Dylan will fall right behind Josh like he did with the bike riding thing? What an exciting thing to have happen at your house!

tharker said...

Kim Hatch-I've been trying to call you but your number keeps going to a fax machine. Is there a magic trick that I should know to get in touch with you? : )

Heather said...

How fun! Seriously, isn't Josh still 3?

Melissa said...

Isn't it fun and sad all at the same time? I was so excited for my little man when he lost his first tooth, but it made me so sad to think he was getting so big! Great pics, by the way :D

Alicia Leppert said...

Yea Josh! Losing teeth is a traumatic experience at our house. Like everything else having to do with her body, Macy freaks out to no end about it. She's lost two and both were less than pleasant experiences. I swear she has willed her teeth to stop coming out. She lost her first two back to back about nine months ago and not a wiggle since!