I am usually a pretty easy going person.
Not much gets under my skin.
That is until I go to Wal-Mart!
I think I have been there at least 7 times this week.
Here are my complaints:
- How is it that the store has 21, count 'em 21 check out lanes, yet only a maximum of like 3 are open at any given time? It doesn't matter if there are 500 people waiting to pay for their high quality items, there's still only 3 measly lanes open!!! I hate this!
- Wal-Mart's self check-out lanes. They only work maybe 25% of the time, and when they are working, I always seem to get in line behind someone who can barely work the dumb thing, so they end up taking 10 minutes to pay for their stupid eggs and milk!!!
- It never fails. Every time I go to this store, no matter what time of day, there is always one item on my list that they are out of. Hello! You claim to be a grocery store! Shouldn't that mean that you make sure that you don't run out of staple items like cheese????? Good gracious!
- Oh, and I love how you can find a dozen Wal-Mart employees wandering around the store at any given moment, yet they look at you like you are speaking a foreign language when you ask for assistance finding something. Um, I think the little saying on the back of their cute blue vest should read, "How may I NOT help you?"
- I cannot handle the smell of the entrance on the grocery side. That deli with all of the nasty fried chicken bites and other disgusting items makes me want to hurl every time I walk in. Ughhlah!
- Okay, I know the cart bin topic has already been discussed, but I will say it again. Is it possible that the Mammoth size parking lot could get more than 4 cart bins? Please???
- And my final complaint is that the stupid marketing geniuses at Wal-Mart have placed our store in such a freakin' convenient location that I can't help but shop there! It's like 2 minutes from my house, and when I need my Certain-Dri, I need it stat! Stupid, stupid store, I can't say no.
No matter how much I detest Wal-Mart, unfortunately it is a necessary evil. Why, oh, why can't we have a Target 2 minutes away instead?


17 Thoughts:
Ditto to everything you said!!!
When Shayla was at her 3 year well-check, her doctor was talking to her about being lost in a store and what to do. She said to find a person who works in the store and ask for help, then she added unless your in Wal-Mart, find another mommy to help you cause the employees would have no idea what to do to help you!
Wal-Mart is one of those necessary evils... I have to agree with you that they have the most UNHELPFUL employees... I can't count how many times I have gone in and been blocked in an isle by employees. They won't move, even after I say excuse me. Do they not understand that my patronage helps their paycheck? Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? I think Wal-Mart adopted more of a "ignore the customer at all costs" policy.
I completely sympathize with the whole Wal-Mart thing. Every single one of your complaints is the reason I refuse to step foot in that store anymore! Its SO annoying. Luckily, we have a superTarget 2 mins away and let me just tell you, what a HUGE difference it is shopping there compared to Wally world! Thanks for your blog. Your rock my sistahfriend!
I agree with what you said. I hate that store so much, but like you said I have to go to it, cuz it is so close. I'm right there with you on them being out of stock with their items. They haven't had Diapers there for Porter for like a month. My laundry soap, oh my list could go on and on. I try to Boy Cot it, but it never works. Especially since I still can't find everything there. I usually forget something cuz I'm trying to buy everything and then I'm a mess. I'm with you. We need a TARGET!!!!
Your post made me laugh and I was nodding my head in agreement through the whole thing!
It's a love-hate relationship you are never going to understand.
I HATE WAL-MART. Seriously hate the store. I love so freaking close to mine okay.. like 2 miles and I NEVER go there.. I drive 8 miles to Target.
They are building a Super Target across the street from the Richland Wal-Mart. I think the planned opening is this fall. I went to a Super Target in Chicago and it was awesome.
I laughed out loud while reading your annoyance about WAL*MART... The sad thing is this: They are ALL the same. No one really knows what they are doing there - ignore the little blue vests it adds to the madness of being there!!! Bottomline: There is NO service at WAL*MART when we accept that fact - the experience is actually do-able. And allows us to find the comedy in it all - when you stop and think about it it's funny beyond words. Cheers to 'I hate shopping at WAL*MART club' ... :)
Elizabeth is it really going to be a SuperTarget? I heard it would only be a regular...oh I would be on cloud nine if it is a Super!
Wendy-
I agree, usually it is quite comical to me when I think about all the craziness of Wal-Mart. Maybe it's just because I was there so many blasting times this week, that I just couldn't take it anymore and had to blow up on my blog. Aaah...I feel much better...
Uggh, the walmart here in Pittsburgh is just the same. I hate going there, if only they weren't so darn cheap. But lately I have found heaven while shopping- we have Giant Eagles here and they are a bit more pricey than Walmart, but they have this play area you can drop your kids off at and have someone watch them while you shop- for free! Brilliant! Heavenly!
I laughed out loud while reading this, you covered pretty much everything that drives me crazy about the place. The shopping cart returns are one of my biggest pet peeves as well. I too, cannot stop shopping there though because most everything is so cheap. Maybe all of us mom's who spend a gazillion dollars a week there, need to band together and have a mom/manager meeting at the store and let them have it!
This was so funny. Every single one of us can relate to the entire post yet we still shop there! I'm with Sarah. What time is that meeting?
Perfect post. Evertime I walk in that store, I think, "Why am I here?".
i too hate walmart...except for all the cheap stuff but its good to see ur baack :)
I hear ya! Especially the bit about having helpful sales people, 3 checkout lanes, the self-checkout working, etc. I try to avoid going to that place at all costs.
This post was hilarious. Add me to the list of "I agrees".
Post a Comment