Friday, June 08, 2007

Down in the dumps

I'm sad.

I had my heart set on a fabulous 30th birthday party spent in Michael Buble's company.

But it was not meant to be.

We couldn't get any decent tickets for under $200.

Now I love Michael just as much as the next girl, but I cannot justify spending two hundred whoppers, even on him.

We could have sat up in the 2nd tier balcony, but we would barely be able to see him. I may as well just listen to my CD, I would get the same effect.

Lindsay and I were all set to wave our banner declaring our birthdays at the concert. I'm sure if he knew that this concert was to be our birthday gifts to ourselves, he would surely grant us tickets. Okay, now I'm just delusional.

I'm going to go mope around my house for the rest of the day.

Poor us.

11 Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't justify paying that much, and the date of the concert wasn't really ideal for me either, but oh how I'd love to see Michael.

Wendy Christensen said...

I'm so sorry about the concert!! It's always a let down when things don't work out the way WE WANT them too... If you want to get out of the house tomorrow (June 9th) feel free to bring your kids over to the Uptown Shopping Center in Richland and come sing with me 8 am to 12:30 pm!! Tory will be singing (songs from his soon-to-be released CD) during the Chalk Art Festival and it might brighten your mood. :) And I'd love to see you ... My sympathies again about the concert.
I'm sure if Michael had any idea that this meant so much to you ... He'd send you a dozen long stem roses with a front row ticket attached. Hey a girl can dream??? Right!!! :)

Heather said...

Oh. I hadn't heard the news yet... :( I'm bummed too!!

Kris said...

I know what you mean about spending $200 on a ticket. I wouldn't be able to justify it either. It's sad not getting what you want, when you want it! I'm sorry. The only concert I'll be going to this summer, might be the Sara Evans concert. Maybe I'll get a free ticket from KORD!

Shells said...

Maybe you could go to Disneyland for your birthday. I know a great place where you could stay . . . .

Anonymous said...

Or DisneyWorld! Love ya!

Nicole said...

that TOTALLY stinks! You'll have to come up with something else totally wonderful to make up for it!

i i eee said...

Oh what a disappointment. $200 tickets, that's pretty ridiculous!!!

I hope you can find another even MORE fabulous way to celebrate.

This is meta, by the way. Man, I need to catch up on the blogs. I love your banner by the way! That pic of the kids is way cute and so funny, I love it!

I'll be sending birthday wishes your way, and I hope it turns out to be one of the bestest best evah! Buble or no Buble.

Melissa said...

Rats! $200 is A LOT!! I'm sorry you can't go...

tharker said...

Rachel C/Meta-
I am so happy to hear from you! You just made my Sunday a little brighter! I'm so glad that you're still floating around blog world. Hope you stick around forever!!!!

hatch said...

I know what you mean, $200 is alot, I am sure that he is worth it. I just could not justify it either. I am sure you will still have a great 30th.