Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flyin' high on paint fumes

When I get the urge to do something I have to do it NOW. Not later today, not tomorrow, NOW! I've always been this way. I'm not good at waiting. It's a bad habit sometimes, but on the other hand sometimes it can spur me to be very productive. If my house needs a good cleaning, I have to do it now, and will not stop until I'm done. See...good and bad, I can't be interrupted, but dang it, my house is CLEAN!

Tuesday, I had one of those "I need to do this NOW moments". I've been thinking about re-painting downstairs for a while. Especially since Karen moved into her new home. She chose THE most gorgeous color for her walls. It is Behr's Premium Plus in Sesame. It's so lovely. Anyway... so I've been mulling it over in my mind whether or not I wanted to paint cuz I was very sick of the buttery yellow on my walls. Nice color, just sick of it. So after picking up Hannah from school on Tuesday afternoon, I decided that I was just going to do it.

We headed to Home Depot to get the paint but I had to call Karen to see if she was okay with me completely copying her and painting my walls the wonderful shade of Sesame. Yes, I totally copied Karen, but since she is my own personal Stacy London (ya know, she tells me not to wear brown anymore, and lo and behold I'm wearing lots of color now and she's right, I look dang good!) and Nate Berkus(only a girl version) all rolled into one, it was only natural that I would want to paint it the same color. If you have seen Karen's house, you'd know why I swiped her color choice. She's a fantastic decorator. And if you've seen my house, you'll know why I need Karen to be my own girly version of Nate Berkus, decorating is not my talent.

So while the paint is being mixed, the kids and I start looking at more paint samples and the kids beg me to paint their rooms too. Since I've been promising to paint Hannah's room for oh, about 2 years now, I decided I should probably just go ahead and do their rooms too. Hannah chose a shade called Sparkling Lavender and Josh and Jake picked Madras Blue. I'm already painting the kitchen and family room, why not two more bedrooms right?

While talking to Karen, she noticed how extremely giddy I was. And she was right, I was so happy inside. So we went home, I fed the kids, got baths, scriptures, stories, prayers, ect. all taken care of, put the kids to bed and got busy painting. Lance and Elizabeth came over and painted with me. They are so fantastic! I told them they would be paid in blog praises! Thanks again guys for your help! Then yesterday I painted the kids rooms. I love Hannah's room! The boys' room, I'm still not sure about. It's a very bright blue, brighter than I thought it would be. But the boys both love it, so I guess it's all good.

Today, I am very sore from it all, and it's pathetic to admit, but I actually have chafing under my right arm from all of the rolling. So silly! I love that for $100, I completely change the look of three rooms! I think the painting bug is out of my system now cuz I have no desire to paint anything in the near future.

Happy Painting!

9 Thoughts:

Jessica said...

You should post some pictures!!

Brooklet said...

Yes, post some pics

Melissa said...

I would so love to see your rooms! We are renting and I am in painting withdrawl... please, let me live vicariously through you!! :)

Lee said...

Pictures.. you totally need pictures. MY Little Miss' room is Vivacious Pink and Little Man Has one wall bright green.. he wnats the whole room.. I am not sure if we could see if we did it all green. Great job!

Heather said...

PICTURES>>>>>

Marilyn said...

I do not enjoy painting, but I do love the outcome. Good for you. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Nicole said...

Just commenting to say if you don't post pictures, we're all stopping by to see it in person. Of course, you are one of those sick individuals who would be ok with that;)

tharker said...

Sure I would Nicole, it's better in person anyway!

Kris said...

I love new paint too! Good job with getting the project done so fast. I'm very impressed. I want pictures too! Can't wait to see the Sesame color! Sounds perfect!!