For the first time in our almost 11 years of marriage, we bought new furniture! I'm so excited, I can barely contain myself. Well, I take that back, it's not the first time. 7 or 8 years ago, we bought an ugly couch for like $200, and we bought a recliner when Josh was born. But we've never bought anything that actually matches! Doesn't that sound pathetic? All of our other furniture has been graciously given to us from family and friends. Spencer's parents gave a couch and loveseat a few years back, and Karen gave us our dining room set (which I'm still infatuated with, and it's been like a year!).
I'm not sure where I want their permanant home to be. Spencer wants them to be in the living room and move the other couch and loveseat into the family room. But I'm not certain yet. I keep wondering if I might want them in the family room, because they would look fantastic with the beautiful new curtains that I bought from Danyelle....So many decisions...
They probably won't be here for another week or so, but I am counting down the minutes!!!!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Can't wait for these little beauties
Posted by tharker at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 Thoughts:
I like the furniture! very nice! We bought our first matching furniture when we moved into this house 2 years ago (first time in 10 years) and it is such great feeling.
Ooh...that IS exciting. I can totally relate to that. Can't imagine the day when we'll actually BUY furniture for our house (when we can actually afford it). :) How exciting! I definitely want to see photos of where you end up putting them and all the decor. I am sure it will look great!
Those looke nice. I like the color. I think my couches are the same color. I think they will work well in either of those rooms.
Whoa... Tiffani you are goin' crazy!!
Jealous am I. I lOVE the leather couches. Jealous, did I mention that. I think front room. Thats my vote.
My vote is for the front room. It seems like family room furniture(especially when connected to the kitchen) gets ruined more quickly than living room furniture. Love the couches, they look very nice and you can do almost anything with the rest of the room and it will probably match.
Those are divine! I love them. I'm green with envy. Good for you to get a furniture set, and those will last a very long time. Good choice.
They look beautiful! I can't wait to see them in the house...and where you decide to put them. :)
How nice! You deserve 'em!
Those couches look awesome! So fun to get something new for your home! Tell us when you find a place to put them!
Oh so fun!! We too just got new furniture in January. At the time we had a hand me down couch that had a wire sticking out of the side and a couch I had bought at a yard sale. We've bought "new" furniture... like our dining set, but we got it at WalMart. It was cheap. We needed SOMETHING! Anyway, I hope you'll post pictures when you get it all arranged in your home!!
I'm going against the grain here, but I vote family room. That is probably where you spend more time and where you will enjoy your fun purchase more. Besides, if they were in the living room you would only sit on them when the home teachers were over. Love them!
I agree with Danyelle, we put our leather in our family room where we spend most of our time. Yes they are worn, but we love them. And we enjoy them.
I vote for the Family room too. I think you will enjoy using them more, and they would be easier to clean.
OHHH those are beautiful! I have been wanting to make that same purchase for a while now!
Post a Comment