One year ago today, I began blogging. Karen's was the first blog that I ever read. Of course I was hooked immediately by her wit and humor, but I also loved the idea of writing down my daily thoughts and experiences on a blog. I have loved this last year in bloggy town, and look forward to another! Thanks to all of my 5 loyal readers. It has been so much fun for me to get to know women that I never would have had the opportunity to meet otherwise, through blogging.
Having a blog has been very therapeutic for me. It's so nice to have a little space where I can celebrate my family, share my thoughts and feelings, vent, or just think out loud. I also love the give and take of the comments. I always look forward to hearing other peoples thoughts through the comments left on my blog. Thank you for reading about all my crazy this last year, and if you have just joined the madness, welcome! Hope you stick around for another!
In honor of my 1 year celebration, I'm going to have a giveaway. I've been trying to think of what I would like to share with others, and since I have only one, and I mean ONE hands-on talent, I have decided to make it the prize. Trust me, if I tried to make something cute and crafty to give away, NO ONE would want it! But I do love to cook, and to bake, and I would love to share my one talent with someone. So here's my giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive a HOMEMADE CANDLELIGHT DINNER for 2, including the dessert of your choosing, delivered to your doorstep! (If the winner knows me well, and would feel comfortable, I am also offering free babysitting for the evening so that you and your spouse can enjoy the meal ALONE!)
Here are the rules:
1.) Local readers only-Sorry out of towners, but Fettuccine Alfredo may not travel so well : (
2.) Leave me one, {that's ONE people!} comment to let me know that you are interested
3.) You have until 10pm Monday, Sept. 24th to enter
4.) The winner will be posted on Tuesday
Here are a few meal selections to warm up your appetite:
Chicken Milenesas
Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo
Caesar Salad
Homemade French Bread
Not your everyday Enchiladas
Cornbread
Black beans and Rice
Italian Parmesan Chicken
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli, Asparagus, or Fresh Green Beans
French bread or bread sticks
Lasagna
Spinach Salad
Bread
Mouthwatering Beef Roast
Baked Potatoes
Broccoli
Butterhorn Rolls
These are just a few ideas for you to mull over. Whoever wins, will be in charge of selecting their special meal! Don't forget to think about what dessert you would like, cuz that's the best part!
Happy 1 year to me! Can't wait to make you dinner!
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Happy Blogiversary to me!
Posted by tharker at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


36 Thoughts:
Only locals, Bah-humbug.
Great idea though.
I think you are just being prejudice against non-Pasconians! Isn't it interesting that your first 2 comments are from non-locals?
Your first three comments are non-locals, but I am still entering. I hope I win so you have to fly out and visit me!! Happy 1 year- I have loved reading your blog. The first time I read your blog I was blown away by what a great, creative writer you were and over the year you haven't ceased to fail me. Your blog is the reason why I started blogging. . . and the chain continues.
Tiffany, I will be the first Pasco resident to enter. Your meal selections have my mouth watering. Cooking is a GREAT talent. Food makes people so happy. And congrats on your one year mark in blog land. I love reading your posts and learning about you and your family.
Ummmm, you don't want to come to Louisiana? Well I never!!
Happy anniversary!
I want your recipes.
mmmm yum! Sign me up! What a fun idea! I have loved getting to know you thru your blog this last year! Here's to many more years!
Happy Bloggy Anniversary!
Woo Hoo!! Glad I am a local! If I don't win I would still like your recipes for those selections!
I am not so good at commenting. I try but my time at the computer gets shorter and shorter! Thanks for all the great posts and laughs for the past year!
So, um, how bout sharing some recipes for your non-locals?! I used to be kind of local... darn it all!
I'm sorry to be prejudicial against the non P-town girls! After the drawing, I will definitely share the recipes!
So I haven't ceased to fail you Brooke? Well I'd better shape up then huh? heehee!
Congratulations on your blogiversary, Tiffany! I recently saw your blog and think it is so cute. I like blogs, as well, because they allow busy moms like us to connect whenever we have a snippet of time. And I enjoy catching up on my friends.
Count me in....
I'm all for great food that I don't have to cook but is it sad that I'm more intrigued by the night of no children???
I'm pooped. Bring dinner on over.
Happy 1 Year Anniversary!! That's awesome. Bummer you're excluding us Tiffany. (said with a smile) ;)
Put my name is as well. I'm excited to get yummy food! Pregnant women like to be well fed and they really like it if they don't have to make it!
I SO wished I lived local to you right now. I'd give you a nice big sob story on why _I_ should receive it. :)
Just kidding.
BUT...The recipes sound so tasty. What a great idea! Somebody is gonna get lucky!
I'm so glad I live in Pasco!! You don't hear that statement too often, do you?! I hope I win! This is a great idea!
Congrats on your one year mark! I've LOVED reading your blog. I think it's safe to say you have way more than 5 faithful readers!
Hey Kristi! Welcome to my little corner of the bloggiverse!
Seriously, I find WAY too many ways to incorporate the word blog into my language!!!
LOL! What can I say, I am hard to please. . .
Happy --versary! What a cute idea! Man, I wish we still lived there! Dinner sounds amazing! I've heard you are a great cook! Can't wait for you to share some recipes!
Congrats on one whole year! I know you don't have a clue who I am, but I read your blog often and love it. I'm an old friend of Karen's, and by old I mean I've known her a very long time!:)You, like Karen, have a fabulous talent for writing entertaining and moving posts! Wish I qualified for the yummy dinner and babysitting- what a great idea!
I'm in! Happy Blogiversary to you!
Hey Kelly! Yep, I know who you are! Karen's told me lots about you...bet you're scared now huh? Actually, the way I hear it, Karen should be the one who's scared, being that you've known her since she was what like 3? Oh the stories you could tell....
I'm glad that you have been reading. Thank you for your nice comment too. I found your blog a couple of days ago too: )
Congrats on 1 year of online journaling. Sign me up for free dinner...and dessert.
Holy Crap! This is the best giveaway every... but only if I win!
Yummy! Sign me up for this drawing! Congrats on your one year anniversary! You are the one who got me into this whole blog thing. I have really enjoyed keeping in touch with you this way!
I will probably be the only guy to say I am interested in your give away so that should make me win right there.
ohmygosh! there are already so many comments. am i late?
I would love food from a superb cook- so would mitch...
congrats on a year!
I'm with Nan, I would love food from you! Count me in as well. I think I am still within the deadline! Tiff, this sounds so yummy! Can't wait to see who wins! Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me!!!
Oh my! What a small world it is when you're LDS! I LOVE that you commented on my blog and made the connection between A and B!
This really isn't from Cindy, but she wanted to enter, so I told her I would do it for her. So, throw her name in the hat too.
Shoot. That's one killer prize!! Happy Blogiversary to you- here's to another year!
OMG! 31 comments now.. you have really started something here. All I have to say is ... you suck! Love ya!
Only locals. Poo!
Happy Anniversary anyway!
got dem eats? hollah!
Umm.. am I too late? I really should check your blog more often!
Post a Comment