If any of you out there know the Johnson clan very well, you will know that they love their nicknames. Back in April, I posted some of my favorite nicknames for Karen. If you become well acquainted with anyone in Brad and Karen's family, you will inevitably end up with a nickname.
This is how the Tharker came to be. We met Bizradicus and KJo almost 5 years ago when we moved into our house. We were in the same ward at the time, and our houses were only a block apart. We could see the back of their house from our bedroom window, and would frequently joke that we were their spies. Then they had to go and move to a different neighborhood...I wonder why they did that??
Anyway....after hanging out with them for oh, about 5 minutes, we received nicknames. Spencer became the Sharker and I became Tharker. In fact, I don't think that Brad has called me by my given name in about 4 years. Go figure.
At one point in young Spencer's life (not my Spencer, but Karen's Spencer...I know it's confusing...we also both have a Hannah and Brad's sister's name is Tiffany...what are the odds????)
What was I saying? Oh yeah, little Spencer...there was a time that he actually thought that our family name was Tharker. He would ask his mom if they could have the Tharkers over for dinner. Made me giggle anyway...
So that's it. This is how the Thark came to be. Thanks B-Rad and K-Aren for the awesome monikors! You guys rock!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
What's in a name?
Posted by tharker at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Thoughts:
We do what we can.
So funny. I like the Sharker and Tharker as nicknames. Makes perfect sense.
We too are a family of nicknames. My favorite? My little brother was "Gator Bait" for a long time. No idea where it came from but I loved yelling "Hey Gator Bait" when I needed him! Still makes me smile!
Love the nicknames!
My dad is the king of nicknames. I was "Turkey Lips" when I was little!
I love the name Tharker for you! Fun times to share such cute names!
I like turkey lips!
Post a Comment