Friday, October 26, 2007

Dancing Queen

Hannah is in heaven right now! Beginning next Thursday, she will start taking ballet. She is so excited, she's practically bursting.

Hannah has loved to dance ever since she could move her little legs. One of my favorite memories of her childhood will always be watching her get dressed up and dance her little heart out in front on the TV. (It provides the best mirror for a young lady) She loves music, and loves dance.

She's been asking for a couple of years to sign up for ballet, but for some reason or another, we never got her signed up. Last year, she met a little girl in her 1st grade class whose mother owns a dance studio, and ever since, she has been so excited about the prospect of dance. I thought that it would be too late in the fall to sign her up, but I called today, and they said she can come anytime! Beginning in December, the kids will begin learning their numbers for the Spring Recital, so now is the perfect time for her to join!

I'm excited about this dance studio because I really want to support her friend's mom, and her prices are SO reasonable! For a one hour class once a week, it's only $35 a month. And even if we decided to add in another class, it's only $15 more. It sounds great to me! Tomorrow, I think we will head out and get her dance leotard, tights and shoes. She is going to start out with ballet first, then we might move on to Jazz or Tap, we'll see how it goes.

I can't wait to see my little girl dance!

16 Thoughts:

Sarah said...

That's exciting. I'm sure she'll love it and look forward to it every week. Ooh, now you're going to turn into one of those dance moms. HA! It was fun to see Kendle do dance last year, I didn't sign her up for the fall, but we'll probably do it again after Christmas when everything slows down a bit. You'll have to post some pictures of Hannah on her first day all dressed up in her gear.

Melissa said...

Oh how fun!! I've wanted to put Baby Girl in a little class here... but I've never gotten my act together. It's not a real dance class... I think it was called "Dance, Play and Pretend" Perfect for a preschooler. And $35 is an awesome price!! Very cool!

Marilyn said...

We actually have a dance studio here in Burbank and all of my girls have taken dance there and they loved it. Lily wants to start again next year, she got a little burned out last year, so we took a year off. But she loves to dance as well. Little girls are so much fun.

Lee said...

My Little Miss is doing ballet and loves it! howo exciting.
I tagged you on my blog. :)

Kris said...

I think dancing will be so fun for Hannah! She will love it. I take Sydnee to the dance studio out in Burbank that Marilyn was talking about. It's the same price as Hannah's. I love it and so does Sydnee. Have a great time buying all the stuff today! Hannah must be feeling better. Did you get to go to the party last night at the school???

tharker said...

Marilyn- I love that you said that you "actually" have a dance studio out in Burbank. You're so cute!

Kristen- Yes, Hannah is feeling much better, and although I kept her home from school yesterday just to be sure, she was able to go to the party last night. She was quite pleased!

Brooklet said...

You are going to love it!! It will be the best hour of your week watching those cute little girls dance.

Shayla said...

Wow, I've thought of putting my girls in dance for a long time, but always worry about the price. $35 is much more reasonable than I thought it would be. Where is she taking classes? Maybe I'll have to look into it, too.

tharker said...

Shayla- She is going to Turning Pointe Dance Academy in Kennewick. It's in way old town Kennewick, but I'm very excited about it. I checked their website, but it says it's under construction. Here's the phone number though: 585-8263

That would be so much fun to see you at dance!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I wasn't able to take dance as a child and I have looked forward to dance recitals with my daughter since I got married and started dreaming of a family. Since I didn't have a girl, I'll have enjoy the experience through you. I bet she looks so cute in her little unitard. Enjoy the girl time. ;)

Monica said...

I think Hannah will have a blast. I have been meaning to get Samantha enrolled in a dance class, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

dandee said...

I love the title of this post.

Hannah will have a lovely time in dance!

::lindsay said...

How fun! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure she'll love every minute of it.

Jessica said...

Shayla did dance for a while but I got sick of going to Richland for it. She is dying to get back into it! I bet Hannah is going to love every second of it!!

Kim said...

Apparently I need to look into dance lessons. My four old daughter danced her way through the primary program while standing on the front row on Sunday. It was very cute but a little embarrassing too. She didn't sing... just danced. She's in gymnastics now but I like this $35 idea!!

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I love watching ballet, too. If I ever have a little girl, I'd love to watch her dance, too.