Hannah stayed home sick today, and will most likely repeat it tomorrow. Today was a day full of movies, and jammies for our girl. It's a testament to how yucky she was feeling because when a movie would finish, she would ask for another and follow it up with, "Pick any movie, I don't care which one." She ALWAYS cares which one. She didn't eat much today. In fact, she didn't feel like eating until around lunchtime, when she declared that she would like some oatmeal. Even then, the poor girl only ate a few bites and said she was full. She took a long nap this afternoon, and woke up a little confused. Josh was playing at a friend's house and when she woke up, she couldn't figure out why he had spent the night at his buddy's when it was a school night. I had to remind her that it was still Thursday, and that Josh would be home soon.
For dinner, she requested Tomato soup, toast, and applesauce. She only ate the toast and applesauce, but I can't blame her. I don't feel like eating when I'm sick either. She has had a fever off and on since last night, and has resorted to carrying a puke bowl around when she has the energy to get up and move around.
I was telling her that I hoped that she would be better tomorrow so that she could go to her school's Halloween party, and she said that she wouldn't mind staying home with Spencer and I could take the boys. Man, she really is sick if she's willing to miss out on something fun, and not even complain about the unfairness of it all! The good thing is that Hannah's doesn't get sick very often, so hopefully this will pass soon, and she won't have to worry about it for a long time. She broke her record tonight though. She has not puked since she was a year old, but tonight the lucky streak was broken. When I put her in bed, she begged me to wake her up as soon as Spencer got home from his meeting so that he could give her a blessing. It makes my heart break when my kids are sick!
On the other hand, she has been unusually sweet today, even for her. She's normally a very sweet girl, but today the sweetness was practically oozing out of her. I hope she sleeps well and is feeling better soon. I would hate for Halloween to be ruined for her too.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Sick girl
Posted by tharker at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 Thoughts:
I think sick kids are way easier to deal with than sick husbands. Husbands are grumpy and think no one in the history of the world has ever been as sick as they are. Poor Hannah, good rest and mom's tlc go a long way to recovery. That's awesome too that she wanted Spencer to give her a blessing. Hope she feels better soon.
Poor kid! I hope she feels better soon! That would really stink if she missed all the Halloween fun. That is pretty cool that she asked for a blessing though!
I hope she feels better soon, and in time for Halloween!
Whole heartledly agree with sarah! Its sad to see them sick, but so touching to see her be so sweet and ask for a father's blessing!
I hope Hannah is feeling better today! Hopefully she is at school enjoying her party!
Amen to what Sarah said about having a sick husband. Jack was home this week, and still isn't feeling great. It's not fun. But having sick kids is not fun either. It's going around. I'm hoping I can fight off my sore throat for another week. But I don't think that will happen! Hope she's feeling better!
Mike is sick too and for the first time in his life, he was up half the night because of it. We have been watching movies all day because he just wants to be held. Unfortunately, out of all of the movies we own, he insists upon watching "Cars" over and over again. Go Lightening!!!!
Oh Shell, I'm sorry that Mikey is sick. It's SO sad to me when a baby is not feeling well. Enjoy your "Cars" marathon : )
I hope Hannah gets better very soon!
Post a Comment