Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Good news/Bad news

So the good news is, I get my van back tomorrow.

But the bad news is, that it's going to cost us 1000 bones to get it back all fixed up! Yeah that's what I said. ONE THOUSAND! Can you believe that?

Basically, there's a small gasket in the radiator that keeps the fluid from leaking, and that's what blew. But it apparently takes 8 freaking hours to get to this teeny tiny little area to replace the part. So yeah, basically we're paying for LABOR!

I don't like bad news, and neither does our budget!!!!

9 Thoughts:

PRP said...

That STINKS! So sorry for the Montana...

Heather said...

Yeah, we had a 1700 repair about a month ago. I feel your pain!

Kris said...

Not fun, about the van. The worst part of having a vehicle is paying someone else to fix it! Good luck with the finances!!

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear that. Just when life gets going good, something like this always happens. Hope your van is good to go.

Tasha said...

We just had to pay that much on getting my car repaired! I wanted to cry, but on the bright side it is cheaper than going out and buying a new vechile!

Kim said...

Yep, this is exactly why it just isn't any fun to have car trouble. The dreaded unexpected expense!!! :( So sorry to hear the news. I hope it won't put a damper on your holiday plans. Good luck!!

Tip Junkie said...

Bummer!!! I don't like spending money fixing things I already have. Let alone on cars. So sorry.

Emily said...

Bummer!! I guess it could have been worse, right? Car problems are the worst!!

Melissa said...

BLAH!! I'm so sorry :S Hopefully you won't have any other car repairs - ever ;)