Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just giving him what HE wants


When we were in Utah, {Ya know, when it was my birthday...Tai Pan and birthday Carrot Cake at Monica's should definitely be a tradition!} Spencer apologized for not getting me a gift. I reminded him of all of the great stuff I got at Tai Pan, and that it was more than enough. He said that he still felt bad, but he had an idea of what he wanted to get me. And because I have the curiosity of a two year old, I of course inquired as to what this idea was.


He said that he had been thinking of getting an iPod dock/clock radio for me. Naturally, I questioned whether it was actually for me or more for him. That's when he fessed up. "Well, yeah, uh.. I mean, I would like it if we had one, but I really was thinking of you...." Sure, sure, whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night. I thought it was really funny. Once again, I told him that I didn't need anything else, and thanked him for all of my great decorating stuff.


We both forgot all about it.


Until a few days ago when Marilyn posted about THIS


Spencer's birthday is in two short days, and after reading Marilyn's post the other day, I realized the perfect gift to give my husband. You see, now he can get what HE wanted after all. And guess what? I have an ulterior motive here too. Ya wanna know what it is??


Now when my extremely hard working husband's blasted alarm clock goes off at 1:30 a la manana, I won't want to scream at the top of my lungs, fighting the temptation to throw the thing through the wall. You see, it's a win/win situation! Instead of having to listen to that thing beep, beep, beep, I'll get to hear the sweet sounds of MoTab in the dark. {Yes, we fall asleep to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir every night. It's quite soothing, and brings on lovely dreams.}


I told you, WIN/WIN! I'm excited for him to open his gift, he's going to LOVE it!

13 Thoughts:

hatch said...

That is a real thing of beauty! I am sure Spencer will love it!

::lindsay said...

That looks like a really nice alarm clock. It will be so nice to wake up to something other than annoying beeping.

Glad to see you changed your template. When I asked Jared, he said that your template was still cached into everyone's browser {like everyone's browser remembered your template from previous times} but that eventually no one would be able to see it anymore. Yeah, after this point I stopped paying attention to his computer-speak.

Monica said...

We have one of those and it is fabulous. I am sure you will both love it. Happy Birthday to Spencer tomorrow!

Emily said...

I want one of those!

Kris said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you both get to enjoy it! What a good birthday gift. I love a good surprise!!!

Lindsay, you crack me up!! I was confused just reading what Jared was saying about Tiffani's template!

Marilyn said...

They have them at Costco. have you seen them? When I posted about wanting one the other day, my wonderful husband bought me one at Costco the same day. So I have been waking up to the lovely thing everyday since. I LOVE IT!

Melissa said...

How cool is that?! Very fun gift!!

Heather said...

Hey!! I know what Jared was talking about, I must be getting some of the computer geekiness to rub off on me.

Great gift- Spencer will love it.

shoeaddict said...

This is funny. Luke gave me surrond sound for my birthday last year so for his birthday, I gave him a purse. HA HA!!!

Sarah said...

It's a win-win situation. What guy doesn't love a new high tech toy? I loved shoeaddict's comment.

shoeaddict said...

*surround

dandee said...

Sounds like your husband will be a very happy birthday boy this year!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! He's going to love it. I love finding something that my man will love but that we can both enjoy. He seems to be so good at finding those gifts for me. ;)