Sunday, November 04, 2007

Random me

I was tagged twice for this, but I don't really want to come up with 12 things, so you get the standard 6. As Brooke once said, I make no apologies.

Who am I kidding? I have talker's remorse and make apologies all of the time!

1. I associate food with experiences and places in my life. For instance, I cannot look at a box of Kraft Deluxe Mac 'n Cheese without thinking of our 2nd apartment. The office that I worked at was only 5 minutes from home, so I went there often for lunch. For some reason, at that time, I ate A LOT of Kraft Deluxe Mac 'n Cheese. It also makes me think of pregnancy, because I was pregnant with Hannah at the time. Maybe it was a craving thing, because I NEVER buy the stuff now. YUCK!

2. I have an order to loading my dishwasher. I have been known to re-load it after someone else very kindly did it for me. Crazy and ungrateful? Yeah that sounds about right. No not really. I was very grateful that she did it for me, as I had just had a baby, but after she left, I HAD to fix it. See...crazy.

3. I am a stickler for correct spelling and the proper use of grammar. I drove my older brother crazy growing up because I was constantly correcting his poor grammar. And spelling...oh don't even get me started! Oh how I love you, Spellcheck!

4. When I was 7 or 8, my aunt and her son came to live with us for a while. One night, she heard noises from my room and came to check on me. She found me dancing and singing on my bed, but I was ASLEEP! She even tried getting me to stop, but her attempts were in vain. I wouldn't wake up. So finally she just left me, and apparently I went on for another 10 minutes or so, then all was quiet. I guess I did this quite a bit after this night. My poor aunt slept down the hall from me and had to endure the agony! Presently, I do not talk, sleep, sing, dance, or jump in my sleep!

5. I was a cheerleader in high school, and loved to "jump". You know...Toe-touches, Pikes, Herkies, Around the Worlds(that's where you start out in a Pike, then open up into a Toe-touch) And I was AWESOME at jumping! For such a little thing, I could fly! Here's the problem...for such a little thing, I also had a little bladder! Every time I jumped....well you get the picture, I was in the bathroom a lot! As a joke, the girls from my squad filled my locker with Depends for graduation.

6. Some times, I get a very strong craving for 7-11 Nachos. Something about that thick, goopy, processed cheese sauce just gets to me. I haven't actually had 7-11 Nachos for years, but I think about them A LOT!

I tag YOU!

13 Thoughts:

Marilyn said...

That is a great list. Very good.

Kim said...

Hey, love the list. My friends teased me with Depends too, but for a different reason. I won't get into it, you have to have known me for a little bit longer before I divulge my most embarrassing moment EVER! I've enjoyed your comments so much. Thank you Thank you for all your kind words. I'm happy that you seem to understand me. I'm always trying to improve but I also want others to see that I struggle. I want to be real and down to earth even if the whole world can read it.

Emily said...

How fun to read and get to know you better!! I love these random tags. You learn things you may have never found out about people.

Brooklet said...

moest off yur coments weer about fude and dansing, interesding

the hole dishwashing thing is a liddle OCD, if yu asc me.

tharker said...

Broke, Yuuu our hylarreos!

Sarah said...

Wish I had better spelling and grammer skills. I get the OCD thing as well. This was fun to read and laugh.

::lindsay said...

Brooke, you crack me up!

Tiffani,
I have loaded your dishwasher as well and thought you were going to have aneurysm when I put your bowls in the wrong spot and put your silverware upside down. Needless to say, #2 made me laugh.

I also have been the recipient of your grammatical corrections. You know, when I say something, then I think to myself, "Oh, maybe no one will notice, or maybe they'll just let that one go." No, no...rest assured I can have my grammar-nazi friend to let me know the right way! :)

Elizabeth said...

I bet your aunt thought you were cute when she found you dancing. I was once found, asleep, with my panties down trying to back up into a hall closet to use the restroom. That has been a funny story to tell throughout the years. :)

Kris said...

Where have I been all day? This is so funny to read! I love how you hate the Mac N' Cheese, but you crave the 7-11 Nachos. Gag on both for me!

I'm funny about my dishwasher too. I always redo whatever people put in. It drives me crazy when they want to just help and I'm in the kitchen too. No, just give me the sink and dishes, so I can do it the right way. Sometmes I wish I wasn't like that!

By the way, I made your Cafe Rio recipe this weekend! YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!

Lee said...

Fun list! Thanks for joining in.

Heather said...

Sweet on the depends, I know to just back away from the dishwasher with you.

Melissa said...

It's too bad your aunt didn't have a video camera ;)
Great list! It's always fun to learn more about fellow bloggers :)

Shells said...

Note to self: Don't help Tiffani clean her house. Not that I did before, but from now on, at least I won't feel guilty about not helping.