Friday, December 28, 2007

Here's to 11 years of Toast

Today is our 11th anniversary. And to honor such a glorious and wonderful occasion, we did what any loving couple would do. We bought a new toaster. Isn't that the most romantic thing you've ever heard? You see, we have had the same ratty, old, 6 dollar, two slice toaster since that snowy day eleven years ago, that marked the beginning of our wedded bliss.


That nappy thing has been through 6 moves, and has seen more toast than I'd like to admit. Spencer HATED that old toaster. I hated it too, but never enough to think about buying a new one. Until yesterday. I was at Target, and I saw this little beauty, and I knew Spencer would love it. So I called him and gave him the option of new clothes, or this toaster. Without hesitation, he requested the toaster! So we are "toasting" the beginning of our new life with a four slice toaster, complete with seven, count 'em SEVEN toast settings. How did we ever get by without this thing?

If an extra wide, four slice, seven setting, brushed silver contraption such as this doesn't scream out true love...well then I don't know what does!




Happy anniversary to us!!

16 Thoughts:

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary Tiffani! You guys look so happy together. I'm so glad that you will have a new toaster to celebrate your anniversary! How was Hannah's Baptism? I met your Husband Sunday night as we were leaving the Primary Room! I hope everything perfect!

Kris said...

I meant to say, I hope everything was perfect for the baptism! :)

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary, and many more to come! That's so funny that you posted about the toaster because my husband and I were just talking about how with all of the new kitchen appliances we've bought, we've never replaced our old nasty toaster we got from our wedding. Way to celebrate by getting rid of your old one and now you can enjoy a perfect piece of toast together every day. :)

Heather said...

Well put us on the list too. Jeremy and I replaced our wedding toaster just two months ago. Here's TOASTING to the Harks.

dandee said...

Happy anniversary! This post was pretty 'punny'.

Shells said...

Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it has been 11 years.

meohmyers said...

This was awesome! Way to go with that purchase to "toast" your anniversary! Too funny! I think the 11th year marked it for us too! We also bought a new toaster to replace the wedding gift just a couple of months ago!

Jessica said...

Ohhhh Only 2 more years until we can buy a new toster! Maybe we can go against the norm and buy one for our ten year!! LOL!

Happy anniversary! You have a busy month with a birthday/baptism, christmas and and your anniversary!!

Terilyn said...

I think it shows the mark of true love when the couple can (together) decide on benefitting all of their housemates with an object rather than just focusing on gifting themselves on their anniversary. Or wait, is that just called parenthood? Congratulations on 11 years and "toasting" to 11 more!

Marilyn said...

Hilarious and Congrats!

Emily said...

Congrats Tiffani! You guys are such a great couple. I wish you many more years of happiness to come! :)

Brooklet said...

Happy Anniversary! What is it about the 11th year that makes you reconsider your acceptance about your 'wedding toaster'? That means we still have five and a half more years with our toaster, but I am okay with that. I think our wedding toaster is still chugging along just fine.

Anonymous said...

Its about time the bread guy gets a new toaster!!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary Tiff! Congratulations on the new toaster! I think we've had ours for 7 years now, maybe we'll have to get a new one for our anniversary:)

Thompson Family said...

Ok so I found you off Rebecca's blog... I can not believe it has been 11 years! Seems like yesterday :-) Your kids are adorable, I haven't seen Hannah for ages and she looks just like you did! Wow, what memories. I started blogging in November. Nothing too exciting though. Hope you guys had a great holidays and a wonderful anniversary!

Melissa said...

That toaster looks AWESOME! I think I need one... our 10 year anniversary is in a few weeks... maybe we'll have to copy you guys :)
Happy Anniversary!