Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And so it begins

Josh came into my room at a not so bright and early 4:30am saying he was going to yak. And well...he did. And then he did it again. And again. And again. Poor kid.

I was really beginning to think that somehow we had skirted past all the nasty sick bugs this year as we had not yet been sick. But our streak of good luck has ended. And that's okay. I love to have sick days once in a while with the kids. It's a day full of whatever movies they want, and lots more snuggling.

Hopefully, {and by hopefully I mean I'm sure that I am deluding myself} the yukkies will just stick with Josh and not be passed on to the other two darlings. And is it wrong for me to hope that it's all over by the end of the weekend so that I will be able to attend the luncheon on Monday? Cuz I really want to go!

15 Thoughts:

Kim said...

Is it wrong for me to hope too? For your sake and for mine. Cause I really can't wait to finally hang out with you. I've got one that's just about done with her sickies, so hopefully I'll make it too.

Melissa said...

Oh no! I hope he gets better soon...
I'll cross my fingers for you on the luncheon!

AOlson said...

I feel for you. We have had about a week and a half of the yukies in our house and it just keeps lingering. I hope you do not have the same fate as us.

Sarah said...

I hate when my kids are sick, I feel so sorry for them especially with the flu bug. Hope it passes quickly for their sake and yours.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the "yukkies". We all got the stomach flu over Christmas and since then, Naomi has gone through two rounds of antibiotics for her ears and now she's sneezing that lovely green snot AGAIN! That poor child hasn't truly been well since before Christmas. And she's still smiling!

Emily said...

We've been lucky so far this year not getting sick yet too...I'm crossing my fingers that we don't! I'm sorry Josh is sick...I hope he gets better soon and the rest of the Harker household doesn't get the bug as well :)

hatch said...

Oh that is never fun. I hope you will be able to go the luncheon, you are the one who got me into this whole blog thing.

Elizabeth said...

I hope Josh gets feeling better soon!

Thompson Family said...

I soooo hope Josh is doing better tonight and I soooo hope it has run its course in your home!!

Thanks for your comment on mine... I feel so guilty reading your blog and seeing how excited you are for snow days and sick days. I'm excited too, for the first day. Then the excitment wears off and the exhaustion sets in, haha.

tharker said...

Don't feel bad Karen! I feel the exact same way at the beginning. But definitely after being stuck in our house since Saturday with the snow, and now the pukes, I'm ready to be out too ;)

Kris said...

Sorry your kid is sick. That is not fun! We haven't gotten it yet, but I'm sure it will come around to our house soon! I hope he starts to feel better soon!

MadMadameMim said...

Tiff I'm so sorry Josh is sick. Hope he is well soon and all are well. You could try the old stick all the kids in the sick kids bed so they all get it at once :)J/K. What book was it that the mom always did that? I don't remember but it always crosses my mind, tempting. I hope you make your lunch.

Shells said...

Poor Josh, I hope he is feeling better. Don't let him eat any grapes . . . :)

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Poor Josh and Poor YOU! I feel your pain as you know. I just hope you get it done and over with more quickly then we have... I really want you to go to the lunch too. It wouldn't be the same w/o you!!In her prayers last night Kippi asked for Josh to get better even though she has no idea who he is.I think she overheard me talking about it to Karl. It was SO cute:)

Jan said...

That is such a bummer. I know the yakkies will be over before Monday. I smell your pain. Sorry.