I'm sure that people in cities that have snow all of time must think that we are total wimps for having a snow day, but I'll take it!
A couple of hours ago, I checked my children's school district website and it had posted a 2 hour delay for the day. I just talked to Lindsay, and she said that school is now cancelled.
I feel the same way as my kids do. WOOHOO!
Except for the part when they start fighting {again} because they have been cooped up in this house together since Saturday. Yeah, they've played out in the snow, and of course love it, but they can only do it for so long before they can no longer feel their toes. Oh well, it all comes with the territory I guess.
So we will be relaxing in our cozy home today. It feels great not to have anywhere I need to be. I love a good snow day once in a while.
On a totally unrelated note, this gorgeous sister in law of mine turned 27 yesterday! Yeah, I totally stunk it up and forgot her birthday. Just call me a schmuck. I did talk to her first thing this morning, and hopefully remedied the sit. I hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday activities this week Brooke! I can't wait to hear about the massage and The Lion King!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Snow Day
Posted by tharker at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 Thoughts:
Yeah I love snow days too! Luke was laughing at me telling me I was more excited than Shayla.....SO??? Ü
I love me a good snow day but 2 in a row is getting me a little crazy! The wind is blowing so hard up here I can't even think about letting the kids go outside. They are going crazy, which in turn makes me go crazy :-) Time to get creative for the rest of the day! Dragging out the art projects now. Enjoy your snow day :-)
I usually do not mind snow days, but when we have had snow days since Sunday I get tired of it. My kids are already fighting and I am looking at the sunshine and melting snow thinking... Seriously and does this mean one more day added on to the school year? I hope not!
Happy snow day! And Happy birthday Brooke!
I'm with you Kim, I do not want any extra days of school added on at the end of the year. The snow has been keeping me busy as I'm dressing and undressing my daughter ten times a day to go play in it.
I will take as many snow days as they give me, because really, we don't get snow days very often.
Snow days to me mean, hot cooca, games of clue and monopoly and watching favorite movies. LOVE IT!
I have loved it so much. I didn't even have to go to work. Is it wrong to have been in PJ's for nearly 2 days now?
I love a good snow day too but we've only had one so far and that wasn't for the four feet of snow in my front yard. It was for -22 plus wind chill. So yeah, your wimps. Just kidding! Having lived there and now here and I can tell you ther is a vast difference in snow here and there not to mention the cities ability to handle said snow fall. But enjoy it. It won't happen there often. I hear we get them at least a couple times of year. And just so you know most schools have at least a couple days worked into their schedules for snow days and such. they usually only have to add on days if there are a large number of these days. Of course where you live two just might be a large number :).
Thankfully, yesterday wasn't an actual snow day, it was already scheduled off for the district. I guess it was "Semester break" or something. So only today would count.
This is the best time ever. Love it along with you too. Yee Haw.
Thanks for the lovely chat this morning. It was good to talk to you. Thanks for the shout out, even a day late- it makes my birthday last extra long.
Gotta love Snow Days!! That is completely unheard of here. Hope it was a good day!
I remember snow days... kind of... I do remember being excited for them as a kid. We would pray for snow with all our might just to get a day out of school :)
Macy prayed last night that there would be school today. So did I. I am so worried Macy is going to go to school and tell her teacher, "Yeah, Mommy just kept saying over and over again that she was going to pull her hair out." Because I seriously said it like five times yesterday. If today had been cancelled, I might have had to drive myself to Medical Lake.
Post a Comment